|Date Posted||January 6, 2021|
As VP, Cyber Security, you will be responsible for Company’s overall information security and compliance program and posture across our SaaS platform and corporate systems. You will lead a talented team of information security professionals based in multiple locations in close collaboration with all other departments at the company to build a world-class information security and compliance program. You will interact directly with information security teams within our merchants, prospective customers, and partner community to collaborate on solutions to joint problems.
The right candidate will be a collaborative and forward-thinking technology leader with a leading point of view of security within a complex and advanced environment. Speaking with partners, customers, and board members with comfort and clarity as much a key part of success as developing a strong roadmap for platform and corporate security.
What You’ll Do
- Defines corporate cybersecurity strategy, policies and protocols to monitor and manage cybersecurity incidents to protect corporate digital assets and mitigate risk.
- Oversees IT security investigations and directs the recommended courses of action.
- Direct and approve the design of security systems
- Approve identity and access policies
- Review investigations after breaches or incidents, including impact analysis and recommendations for avoiding similar vulnerabilities
- Maintain a current understanding the IT threat landscape for the industry
- Ensure compliance with the changing laws and applicable regulations
- Translate that knowledge to identification of risks and actionable plans to protect the business;
- Schedule periodic security audits
- Oversee identity and access management
- Make sure that cyber security policies and procedures are communicated to all personnel and that compliance is enforced
- Manage all teams, employees, contractors and vendors involved in IT security, which may include hiring
- Provide training and mentoring to security team members;
- Constantly update the cyber security strategy to leverage new technology and threat information
- Brief the executive team on status and risks, including taking the role of champion for the overall strategy and necessary budget
- Communicate best practices and risks to all parts of the business, outside IT
Who are you
- Proven Background in leading information security within SaaS or platform-oriented global companies
- Strong understanding of current and emerging technologies for security in a cloud-based, microservices based environment
- Expansive experience with compliance frameworks such as SOX, PCI, GDPR, CCPA, SOC2, and ISO 27001 and their application as both a service provider and as a customer
- Familiarity and comfort with modern languages like PHP, Ruby, and Scala as well as distributed cloud environments like GCP and AWS
- History of building and growing incredible and collaborative security and compliance teams that cross-functional teams love working together with
- Experience with corporate cybersecurity in a distributed, cloud-first environment