|Date Posted||August 21, 2021|
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Consulting – Consultant Development Program – Cybersecurity Consulting – Staff
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you'll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We'll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you'll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
When you join our Technology Consulting - Cybersecurity Consulting practice as a staff, you're a part of our Consultant Development Program. You'll be provided learning opportunities, technical competency training, and coaching to develop core consulting skills. Each individual experience will vary but this Program will enable differential experiences through varied account and engagement alignments.
The cybersecurity landscape is in a constant state of change. Organizations today must increasingly rely on new and disruptive technologies to help them grow and differentiate in the evolving marketplace. Organizations that lack effective cybersecurity measures to help manage this change, face breaking the trust of their customers, stakeholders, and the marketplace while exposing themselves to ever increasing risk. Our Cybersecurity practice works with a broad range of clients to assist them in gaining insights to their cybersecurity risks through a variety of assessments, transformational program strategy designs, and technology implementations. EY's Cybersecurity solutions are organized within five competencies, which includes the following:
- Strategy, Risk, Compliance and Resilience – These solutions help organizations evaluate the effectiveness and efficiencies of their cybersecurity program in context of the business growth and operations strategies.
- Data Protection and Privacy – These solutions are designed to help organizations protect their information over the full data lifecycle - from acquisition to disposal. The service offering helps companies and organizations stay up to date with data security and data privacy good practices, as well as compliancy with regulation, in a constantly evolving threat environment and regulatory landscape.
- Identity and Access Management – These solutions are designed to help organizations with their definition of access management strategy, governance, access transformation, and ongoing operations. The solutions help organizations ensure the right users validate who they are and get access to the right organization resources.
- Architecture, Engineering, and Emerging Technology – These solutions are designed to help organizations protect themselves from adversaries that would seek to exploit weaknesses in the design, implementation, and operation of their technical security controls, including disruptive technologies in the marketplace.
- Next Generation Security Operations and Response – These solutions help organizations proactively identify and manage risk, monitor threats, and investigate the effects of real-world attacks.
- You'll work alongside respected Cybersecurity professionals across diverse set of clients and industry sectors, learning about and using the latest tools and techniques to identify and overcome some of the most relevant and pressing cybersecurity risks faced by our clients. It's a highly specialized area, where you'll learn highly sought-after technical skills, all while developing your relationship management abilities – often by working directly on-site with our clients.
- Based on your existing experience, knowledge and ambitions, you could have the opportunity to gain experience across a number of our Cybersecurity competencies and solutions, assessing and delivering foundational components of our services.
Your key responsibilities
- Understanding clients' cultures and operations to influence important decisions on cyber risks
- Growing lasting relationships with our clients, understanding their needs, and consistently delivering quality client services.
- Helping clients drive business-led and technology-enabled transformation across a broad range of cybersecurity and business issues.
- Understanding and documenting clients' technology processes and requirements, performing root cause analyses, developing business use cases, and gathering information.
- Monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Developing specific skills with software packages from leading enterprise application vendors.
- Taking full responsibility for tasks including consistent self-review of work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality work products, while working under supervision.
- Constantly updating your understanding of cybersecurity and industry trends.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We're looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We're looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We're looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant technology discipline, e.g., Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, IT Security, Operational Technology, Information Technology, Technology Risk, Computer or other related Engineering
- Desire to work in consulting demonstrated by relevant course work, interest or internship experience
- The flexibility and willingness to travel as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- The understanding that travel is an essential function of the job and is estimated at 80%
- Training in programming languages such as Java, C, C++, C#, asp, and .NET
- Proven Unix, Windows, networking and wireless security skillsA deep understanding of TCP/IP networking
- System design experience that addresses business issues and risks
- Technical skills in a broad range of operating systems and databases
- Knowledge of intelligence collection disciplines including SIGINT, HUMINT and OSINT
- An understanding of emerging threat characterization frameworks such as OpenIOC, STiX, CybOX and MAEC
- The ability to perform basic static and dynamic malware analyses
- Familiarity with network-based vulnerability exploitation tools
- A firm grasp of application security source code assessments
- Experience with EnCase, FTK, or Sleuthkit
- A driver's license valid in the U.S.
- Candidates interested in the Government & Public Sector industry focus must have sole U.S. citizenship and be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher, within the designated timeframe, which will be determined by the engagement requirements for a security clearance
What's in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
- A competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
- Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
- In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
- Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.