|Published||August 30, 2022|
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY offers a variety of career paths and opportunities, and with so many options, we understand it can be hard to choose. To have the best candidate experience, we encourage you to apply to no more than 2 positions within a 6-month period.
To learn more about career opportunities, visit Careers at EY (https://www.ey.com/en_us/careers). Prior to completing your application, please be diligent in reviewing the job description to ensure you meet the qualifications for the position.
If we are unable to consider you for this particular position, a recruiter may contact you to gauge your interest in other opportunities at EY.
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and, in the future, – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits.
Consulting – Cybersecurity Consulting – Staff
The cybersecurity landscape is in a constant state of change. Organizations today must increasingly rely on new and disruptive technologies to help them grow and differentiate in the evolving marketplace. Organizations that lack effective cybersecurity measures to help manage this change, face breaking the trust of their customers, stakeholders, and the marketplace while exposing themselves to ever increasing risk. Our Cybersecurity practice works with a broad range of clients to assist them in gaining insights to their cybersecurity risks through a variety of assessments, transformational program strategy designs, and technology implementations.
EY’s Cybersecurity capabilities are organized into a number of different areas that enables EY to provide robust and agile solutions to its clients. As a new Staff team member, you’ll have the opportunity to gain experiences in a number of different areas to help you identify the area that you have specific skills and interest in as you build your cybersecurity career. As you work with your assigned Counselor to identify the specific areas in which you would like to develop deeper skills and experiences, you’ll be able to start to focus the types of projects where you would work.
EY’s Cybersecurity capabilities include the following:
- Attack Surface Management
- Cybersecurity Risk and Data Science
- Cybersecurity Program Strategy and Transformation
- Cybersecurity Threat Resilience
- Data Security and Disposition
- Digital Identity
- Information Protection
- Operational Technology
- Privacy Program Activation
- Privileged Access Management
You’ll work alongside respected Cybersecurity professionals across diverse set of clients and industry sectors, learning about and using the latest tools and techniques to identify and overcome some of the most relevant and pressing cybersecurity risks faced by our clients. It’s a highly specialized area, where you’ll learn highly sought-after technical skills, all while developing your relationship management abilities – often by working directly on-site with our clients.
Based on your existing experience, knowledge and ambitions, you could have the opportunity to gain experience across a number of our Cybersecurity competencies and solutions, assessing and delivering foundational components of our services.
Your key responsibilities
- Understanding clients’ cultures and operations to influence important decisions on cybersecurity risks.
- Growing lasting relationships with our clients, understanding their needs, and consistently delivering quality client services.
- Helping clients drive business-led and technology-enabled transformation across a broad range of cybersecurity and business issues.
- Understanding and documenting clients’ technology processes and requirements, performing root cause analyses, developing business use cases, and gathering information.
- Monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Developing specific skills with software packages from leading enterprise application vendors.
- Taking full responsibility for tasks including consistent self-review of work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality work products, while working under supervision.
Constantly updating your understanding of cybersecurity and industry trends.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Qualifications - You must be completing the first bullet and then an understanding or experience in multiple of the other areas listed.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant technology discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, IT Security, Operational Technology, Information Technology, Technology Risk, Computer, other related Engineering).
- Desire to work in consulting demonstrated by relevant course work, interest or internship experience.
- The flexibility and willingness to travel as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary.
- The understanding that travel is an essential function of the job and is estimated at 80%.
- Training or experience in programming and scripting languages (e.g., C, C++, C#, ASP,.NET, PERL, Python).
- Proven Unix, Windows, networking and wireless security understanding.
- A deep understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- System design experience that addresses business issues and risks.
- Technical skills in a broad range of operating systems and databases.
- Knowledge of intelligence collection disciplines including SIGINT, HUMINT and OSINT.
- An understanding of emerging threat characterization frameworks such as OpenIOC, STiX, CybOX and MAEC.
- The ability to perform basic static and dynamic malware analyses.
- Familiarity with network-based vulnerability exploitation tools.
- A firm grasp of application security source code assessments.
- Experience with EnCase, FTK, or Sleuthkit.
- A driver’s license valid in the U.S.
- Candidates interested in the Government & Public Sector focus must:
- Have U.S. citizenship and be able to obtain and maintain a secret clearance or higher, within the designated time frame, which will be determined by the engagement requirements for a security clearance.
- Present verification that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before your start date. If you are not able to be vaccinated because of a medical condition or disability or because of a sincerely held religious belief, an accommodation will be considered upon request.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
- A competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid-time-off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
- Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
- In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI). PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
- Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in person.
EY complies with all local laws and regulations. You can find more information here.
What we offer
A competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid-time-off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at Customer Support.