|Published||September 24, 2022|
|Location||MARTINS ADD, MD|
GEICO is seeking high-performing, creative tech college graduates for our Technology Development Program. Start your career with us. The possibilities are endless!
GEICO’s technology teams have positioned our company as a mobile, internet, and customer experience leader, proving that we are more than just an insurance company. We’re a cutting-edge technology company, and we’re growing and transforming all the time.
Our Technology Development Program (TDP) is a two-year program. You are a full-time associate from day one; your experience across the two years will be diverse and full of learning opportunities!
No matter the track, we’ll support your professional development while you gain real, hands-on technical experience in cybersecurity. You’ll learn new technologies, languages, and soft skills. As part of the program, you will also receive mentoring from leadership and peers to jumpstart your career. You can also take advantage of GEICO’s education benefits to pursue certifications or graduate studies.
In the Cybersecurity Engineer Development track, you will learn the ins and outs of how our multi-billion-dollar company uses cybersecurity technologies to protect, detect, prevent, and respond to threats:
- Monitor and troubleshoot cybersecurity infrastructure within GEICO’s enterprise to ensure all business applications are protected.
- Support various processes that govern secure practice within the enterprise while meeting with various stakeholders at all levels.
- Attend design/architecture reviews and make recommendations as they pertain to GEICO’s cybersecurity standards, best practices, and business application requirements.
- Manage and support projects and create technical documentation as it relates to changes to process or technology.
- Undergraduate degree
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, programming and communication skills
- Well-rounded experiences outside of the classroom with different technologies, resulting in projects that demonstrate strong engineering skills and abilities
- Candidate can expect a hybrid working model: work primarily remote, reporting in person occasionally for team collaboration and program events.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Recent bachelor’s or master’s degree in: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, or other relevant engineering majors
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5. or higher (please upload ALL transcripts as part of the application process-unofficial are acceptable)
- Coursework and hands-on experience in managing cybersecurity defenses, network management, systems administration, risk management, enterprise defense, technical documentation and troubleshooting, or application development.
- Hands-on experience using Python, PowerShell, Java, .NET, or C# languages
Candidate will participate in a technical skills assessment and multi-dimensional interviews as part of the selection process.
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our Total Rewards Program* that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement payment plan options
- Paid Training, Licensures, and Certificates
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins on the date of hire. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.