|Date Posted||May 20, 2021|
Requisition ID # 99062
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Information Technology
The Cybersecurity team enables PG&E to achieve its mission by providing governance, oversight, and support of operational resiliency and asset safeguards in a relevant, timely and data-driven manner. The Cybersecurity team consists of security professionals in their chosen disciplines, including:
• Cybersecurity Services
• Risk & Strategy
• Security Intelligence & Operations
Working together, we review the current cyber threat landscape and lend our expertise to help the company understand its security posture and act on the highest priority risks. The Cybersecurity team takes a proactive approach to security by focusing on the cyber risks PG&E faces. Our methodology and framework synthesizes current legal, regulatory, and operating mandates with PG&E’s business goals and operations. By taking this information and focusing on the cyber risks unique to individual Lines of Business (LOB), Cybersecurity helps PG&E’s LOBs make informed decisions about where to invest their resources.
The Cybersecurity, Supervisor, leads a team of Technical Product Specialists to manage complex Cybersecurity technologies. This position is responsible for leading the Cybersecurity Infrastructure Operations team, driving process improvements, and ensuring that the team has access to tools, training and technology to successfully perform their jobs. The successful candidate will work/troubleshoot/lead complex issues with multiple vendors in the Security product space of, Vulnerability & Configuration Management, Endpoint Protection (Threat & Data), and intelligence technologies and Event Management (SIEM). Additionally, this candidate will lead their team troubleshooting complex issues involving Firewall, Network, Databases and Applications. This position will develop work plans to support department goals, create metrics to track, trend, and improve the team’s overall performance. Lastly, this position is responsible for building a collaborative work environment with peers and the customers to help drive solutions to daily activities and projects. This is an Operational support as such on-call availability is required.
- Collaborate with and often leads other domain specific (application, infrastructure, or information) Engineers, Architects, Product Specialists, System Design Engineers and technologists to complete IT deliverables.
- Work with other engineers, architects and product specialists to ensure that the products and components work together to meet the objectives and performance goals as defined in the requirements.
- Serves as technical advocate and is a voice for Cybersecurity when implementing strategies designed to address client business problems.
- Responsible for the full lifecycle technical implementation, with SME participation in; solution evaluation and selection, buy vs. build decisions, business requirements impact analysis, Generates or assists business in generation of Project Concept estimates and refinement of early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case, and implementation level design.
- Provides critical support function for Solution Engineering design decisions during plan, analyze, design, build, test, and deploy phases of IT projects.
- Assignments are broad and complex, have major associated risks with high visibility, and can be sensitive or widely varied requiring expert judgment in applying and adapting techniques.
- The work product has potentially significant impact (financial, public perception, operational, legal) on the Company; incumbent and the team represent the company's interest in a project with clearly 'high stakes' under general guidance.
- Level of expertise is recognized as the authority for a project or initiative; incumbent performs moderate to complex and/or novel assignments with few precedents in an autonomous fashion with minimal guidance.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- 4 years Supervising/Managing Information technology team
Previous experience supporting a utility.
Experience with multi-tier enterprise technology environments
MA/MS degree preferred
A combination of both education and practical experience
Project Management IT experience
- CISSP-Certified Information Systems Security Professional certification