|Date Posted||September 30, 2021|
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure (EPHF), allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
For years, Abbott’s MEDICAL DEVICES businesses have offered technologies that are faster, more effective, and less invasive. Whether it’s glucose monitoring systems, innovative therapies for treating heart disease, or products that help people with chronic pain or movement disorders, our medical device technologies are designed to help people live their lives better and healthier. Every day, our technologies help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁnger sticks.
Our location in Pleasanton, CA or Burlington, MA currently has an opportunity for a STAFF Software Quality Engineer (Cybersecurity). This position will support software development and implementation processes with a focus on cybersecurity. Collaborate with business units, application development teams, and third-party vendors to achieve program requirements while enabling the business. Facilitate cross team coordination to achieve defined security goals as well as meet technical requirements in support of detailed implementation plans for cybersecurity projects.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support product and non-product software development activities including verification and validation for new products, applications, and software solutions. This includes, but is not limited to, review and approval of software test case protocols and reports, review of software development plans, and review of other system and software documentation.
- Lead cybersecurity quality engineering processes by developing, implementing and maintaining cybersecurity policies, procedures, applications, and systems.
- Continuously improve the risk-based cyber security program which meets regulatory requirements and aligns with industry leading information security practices.
- Work closely with cybersecurity specialists, R&D, IT, manufacturing and other functions for implementation of cybersecurity requirements including threat identification and mitigation activities.
- Lead meetings to prioritize, review and/or approve of action plans for addressing software issues captured in problem resolution systems.
- Perform risk evaluation and associated management activities related to software development and implementation including FMEA, product risk analysis, and cybersecurity risk assessment.
- Participates in technical and management design reviews to ensure design plans, product design and deliverables related to software are met. Represent the quality engineering function for the review and approval of designated outputs.
- Complies with US FDA regulations, other country regulatory requirements, company policies, and procedures.
- Maintains a strong, collaborative partnership with cross functional team members especially with R&D.
- Works as an individual contributor and will provide guidance or oversee work of Quality Engineers and cross-functional team members.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by functional management based on the current project/business objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Bachelor level degree in software, computer science or other engineering/science discipline
- Software development and/or software quality experience
- Demonstrated cybersecurity education and/or experience
- Knowledge of cybersecurity regulations and standards
- Understanding of quality system requirements (e.g., FDA, ISO 13485, ISO 9001)
- Solid verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Prior medical device and extensive quality engineering experience
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model
- Project management experience
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
• A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
• Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
• Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
• Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
• Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
• Paid time off
• 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
• The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.