|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
|Date Posted||April 3, 2021|
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
A healthy heart is essential to good health. That's why we're committed to advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, our breakthrough medical technologies help restore people's health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
Our location in Sylmar, CA currently has an opportunity for a Staff Cybersecurity Architect . Under general direction, improves the security posture of Abbott Cardiac Rhythm Management products and product development infrastructure, through threat modeling, cybersecurity design and implementation, risk assessment and process improvement activities. Performs complex and specialized cybersecurity activities working within and across project teams, and in consultation with other cross functional team members.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Optimize product/system security by creating and reviewing software architecture and detailed design solutions that reflect best practices.
- Identify and implement software improvements needed to effectively protect against and respond to known and emerging security threats.
- Perform threat modeling of complex system of systems and provide mitigatory strategies for reducing cybersecurity risk
- Communicate with the other engineering personnel to coordinate interrelated security solutions and assure project completion.
- Write cybersecurity requirements, design and risk management documentation
- Perform vulnerability management, vulnerability intake, and be able to understand and report on emerging cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities to a cross-functional team
- Interact with regulatory authorities and auditors, write technical explanations of cybersecurity features and controls for regulatory submissions
- This is a non-supervisory position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors Degree (± 16 years) Software Engineering, Computer Science or related engineering field oran equivalent combination of education and work experience
Minimum 8 years:
- Security design for cloud and/or mobile and/or embedded systems/IOT with strong knowledge of cryptographic primitives
- Experience in health care, aerospace, defense (DoD, NSA etc.) or other regulated sectors (Optional)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- As an alternative to CISSP, other professional security certification such as CISM, CSA, CEH or similar.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.