|Published||January 24, 2023|
|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, we focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You'll also have access to:
* Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
* Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
* An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
* Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor's degree.
* A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
* A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This Staff Cybersecurity Architect position is based in Sylmar, CA location. Staff Cybersecurity Architect will improve the security posture of Abbott Cardiac Rhythm Management products and product development infrastructure, through threat modeling, cybersecurity design and implementation, risk assessment and process improvement activities. Performs complex and specialized cybersecurity activities working within and across project teams, and in consultation with other cross functional team members.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Optimize product/system security by creating and reviewing software architecture and detailed design solutions that reflect best practices.
* Identify and implement software improvements needed to effectively protect against and respond to known and emerging security threats.
* Perform threat modeling of complex system of systems and provide mitigatory strategies for reducing cybersecurity risk
* Communicate with the other engineering personnel to coordinate interrelated security solutions and assure project completion.
* Write cybersecurity requirements, design and risk management documentation
* Perform vulnerability management, vulnerability intake, and be able to understand and report on emerging cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities to a cross-functional team
* Interact with regulatory authorities and auditors, write technical explanations of cybersecurity features and controls for regulatory submissions
* This is a non-supervisory position.
* Bachelors Degree Software Engineering, Computer Science or related engineering field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
Minimum 8 years:
* Security design for cloud and/or mobile and/or embedded systems/IOT with strong knowledge of cryptographic primitives
* Experience in health care, aerospace, defense (DoD, NSA etc.) or other regulated sectors (Optional)
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
* As an alternative to CISSP, other professional security certification such as CISM, CSA, CEH or similar.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The salary for this role is between $104,300 - $208,500