|Published||June 3, 2023|
Themis Insight solves difficult business, IT, and analytic problems by addressing the whole problem - not just the symptoms - using interdisciplinary approaches that are both practical and innovative. We provide fresh alternatives to ordinary, mainstream consulting firms through small, highly skilled, and hand-picked teams that can meet clients' needs in any industry. Our broad interdisciplinary understanding allows us to provide the right solution, even if it is from outside the industry or traditionally defined problem space. We bring Public and Private, Civilian and Military expertise to every case.
We are hiring a Sr. Systems Engineer (Cybersecurity) to work in Laurel, MD. Position location is subject to change based on central MD client's needs.
Required: TS/SCI with a Polygraph
As a Cybersecurity Systems Engineer on our team, you will support our customer's network defense effort by providing engineering services to assess the technical viability of Cyber programs and related efforts, to include software requirements definition, test, software validation and verification processes, and implementation of the integration activities to ensure synchronization with larger corporate and enterprise processes. You will:
- Provide cybersecurity subject matter expertise and engineering support to system owners,
- Create process documentation, migration plans, and program-level SE documents,
- Participate in Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), identifying SE areas that need enterprise coordination,
- Provide oversight and monitoring of existing development and integration activities, and coordinate with Forward Deployed Lead Systems Engineers (LSE) and teams and stakeholders,
- Track development software, system requirements, and planning documentation,
- Guide and oversee the development and implementation of SE processes,
- Document as-is and to-be Cybersecurity enterprise architectures,
- Provide system testing assistance in the development of Test Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP) and other related program documentation,
- Analyze test results and make recommendations based on test results, and
- Provide oversight of software configuration and management processes.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 10 years of systems engineering experience. A Master's degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 14 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- The candidate should have solid experience supporting Cyber systems, especially as related to systems requirement analysis and deconstruction of high-level requirements into measurable system requirements for development and integration teams.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph .
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Experience supporting cybersecurity operations activities, is a strong plus.
- The ideal candidate would be familiar with the customer's cybersecurity organization.
Themis Insight has all the PERKS!
You are our most valuable resource - your ambition, your knowledge, your creativity. We offer an industry-leading set of benefits to supplement your normal salary compensation. Themis Insight has you covered with flexible ways to balance work and home life, full health benefit premium coverage, and generous contributions toward your retirement.
- Competitive health, dental, and vision plans with 100% paid premiums.
- 401k: We contribute 6% even if you don't!
- Time Off: 11 standard holidays, and 20 days of PTO
- Career Development: Get career counseling and individualized career development plans, including education and training.
- Employee referral bonuses for successful hires
Themis Insight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Themis Insight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.