|Location||Fort Worth, TX|
|Date Posted||December 22, 2021|
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
Under the direct supervision and mentorship of members of the Cyber Security Engineering Staff, the Senior Network Engineer undertakes a variety of activities and assigned projects at varying levels of professional complexity requiring knowledge within an area of specialty and/or engineering degree. The Senior Network Engineer works as a member of the Engineering team in support of contracted tasks focusing on the integration of cybersecurity requirements into the full system lifecycle of Elbit Systems of America's products. The candidate shall be gain experience in developing Risk Management Framework (RMF) artifacts and shall understand system categorization and deduce NIST, DoD, CNSSI, and NSTSSM regulations into product cybersecurity requirements. The candidate shall gain experience with NIST 800-53 and CNSSI 1253 security controls, security hardening of products, deriving and managing security requirements, risk management, technical planning, threat and vulnerability assessments, systems-level design, systems integration, verification, and validation including security testing and evaluation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for the total systems. This candidate will interact directly with multidiscipline professionals in the planning and implementation of assigned projects.
You will get to provide individual technical contribution and cyber security engineering leadership in the development of advanced systems for the US DoD, including providing system concept definition, cyber security requirements development and analysis, new technology assessments, evaluation of alternative technical solutions, and hands-on cyber security tasks. You will also support engineering project teams in the pursuit of new business, including the definition of advanced design concepts to address customer needs, the preparation of engineering inputs, cost estimates, and schedules for proposals. Your analytical skills and your ability to plan and lead cyber security engineering activities will be challenged daily. You'll be working a lot with others including interfacing with internal and external project teams, company personnel (Engineering, Operations, Program Management, Business Development), and the customer community.
- You will perform various duties related to the day-to-day operations of the Cyber Security Engineering team, including:
- Be a part of a program cybersecurity risk mitigation effort using the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Evaluate new and existing systems and architects the software, firmware, and hardware requirements from a system engineering perspective
- Participate in development efforts to ensure cybersecurity controls are integrated to meet platform security posture and the Department of Defense (DoD) Authorizing Officials program requirements such as Authority to Connect (ATC), Authority to Operate (ATO), and Authority to Test (ATT).
- Participate in the formal Security Test and Evaluation process required by each government acceptance and approval authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results, and preparation of required reports
- Perform product security reviews with the ability to communicate issues and risks in business terms and make recommendations that balance risk/reward tradeoffs
- Recommend cybersecurity defense and countermeasures for avionics product designs
- Research, evaluate, and assess emerging cyber security threats and technologies
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Installing, configuring, and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS, and DHCP
- Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation
- Configuring firewalls, routing, and switching to maximize network efficiency and security
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- You may also conduct research and prepare reports based on findings, to include recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
- Provides general guidance or training to lower-level staff. Assists in cost/scope estimation. May lead small tasks.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity as part of a project team.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are creative, thorough, and practical.
Hold an accredited Bachelor in Network, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related engineering degrees with a cumulative GPA of over 3.2 and with a minimum of 5 years of experience in cyber security.
Hold an accredited Master in Network, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related engineering degrees with a cumulative GPA of over 3.2 and with a minimum of 3 years of experience in cyber security.
Hold an accredited Ph.D. in Network, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related engineering degrees with a cumulative GPA of over 3.2.
You have experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF), knowledge of system security architectures and engineering approaches to building system security solutions, experience with Department of Defense, Government Certification and Authorizing Officials, or federal customer base.
You understand security vulnerabilities found via security tools (i.e., Nessus/Tenable, NMAP, Infrastructure devices, and others). Have a strong understanding of system and infrastructure security.
Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to understand and follow complex, detailed instructions, and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. Must be able to approach technical problems logically and scientifically. Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, and be able to work for short to moderate periods without direct supervision.
Computer skills, familiarity with basic shop tools and/or machine equipment, and an aptitude and understanding of basic electrical, mechanical, optical, or software engineering principles. Requires technical writing and documentation skills.
Security+, CCNA, CISSP (or associate), Network+, or any of the IA certifications identified in DoD 8570 Approved Baseline Certifications.
Able to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% to support projects.
Must be able to acquire a Secret Security clearance.
As a contractor to the U.S. federal government, all Elbit Systems of America employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As a result, full vaccination is required for this position unless you are legally entitled to an accommodation.