|Published||May 24, 2023|
Senior Cybersecurity Technology Communications Manager
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a driving force in the evolution of cybersecurity and the convergence of networking and security. Our mission is to secure people, devices, and data everywhere, and today we deliver cybersecurity everywhere you need it with the largest integrated portfolio of over 50 enterprise-grade products. Well over half a million customers trust Fortinet's solutions, which are among the most deployed, most patented, and most validated in the industry. The Fortinet Training Institute, one of the largest and broadest training programs in the industry, is dedicated to making cybersecurity training and new career opportunities available to everyone. FortiGuard Labs, Fortinet's elite threat intelligence and research organization, develops and utilizes leading-edge machine learning and AI technologies to provide customers with timely and consistently top-rated protection and actionable threat intelligence. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, and FortiGuard Labs.
The individual will be a key part of the corporate and global communications team, executing strategic public relations activities and overall communications programs. The successful candidate should have relevant PR and communications work experience within the fast-paced cybersecurity industry and have a desire to move and execute quickly. The role will require strong corporate and product messaging skills as well as experience executing PR programs across product and partner areas of the business. Strong writing skills will be essential as part of day-to-day activities. This position will need to be nimble to partner with corporate marketing, product marketing, regional field marketing, partner marketing, and SMEs at HQ as well as external partners and agency teams.
* Own and self-manage the communications activities of a fast-moving product PR program across several product lines.
* Have the ability to effectively drive media storylines on cybersecurity technology, innovation, and strategy.
* Own content development activities, including press announcements, external blogs, and other social copy.
* Help develop and lead PR activities for various types of business partners for Fortinet, including managing approvals, and building joint comms plans.
* Proactively identify storylines mapping to Fortinet business goals for media relations efforts with strong emphasis on corporate and cybersecurity product messaging development.
* Be able to leverage external research and knowledge to inform new and creative ideas for an effective PR program that builds brand awareness for Fortinet.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Minimally 5+ years of experience in public relations and/or communications, in-house and/or public relations agency experience required.
* Outstanding writing and editing skills with close attention to detail; ability to translate cybersecurity technology messaging into compelling external communications.
* Expert knowledge of the diverse media landscape and established relationships with top journalists and publications.
* Ability to work collaboratively with multiple external organizations and peer communications teams.
* Ability to work collaboratively with content marketing and social media teams to bring joint communications campaigns to fruition across multiple communications mediums.
* Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment; places high value on open communication, authenticity and transparency.
* Ability to thrive in fast-paced, quick-turn work environment while demonstrating good judgment and professionalism under pressure.
* Bachelor degree required, advanced degree a plus.
Fortinet offers employees a variety of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k), 11 paid holidays, vacation time, and sick time as well as a comprehensive leave program.
Wage ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, and job level. Earnings for this position are expected to be $100,000 - $160,000 per year. Exact salary offers will be determined by factors such as the candidate's subject knowledge, skill level, qualifications, experience, and geographic location.
All roles are eligible to participate in the Fortinet equity program, Bonus eligibility is reviewed at time of hire and annually at the Company's discretion.