|Published||September 4, 2022|
|Location||Fort Worth, TX|
Senior Systems & IT Security Engineer
Fort Worth, TX
Hybrid (2 days onsite/3 days WFH)
Pay: DOE up to $70/hr
Our Fortune 500 client national defense client, seeks one (1) qualified Sr. Systems Engineer with Cybersecurity experience to work remotely and on-site to support WAN/LAN build outs. The qualified candidate will work out of the DFW Lab location and need to have flexibility to travel 20% of the time.
Under the direct supervision and mentorship of members of the Cyber Security Engineering Staff, the Senior Network Engineer undertakes a variety of activities and assigned projects at varying levels of professional complexity requiring knowledge within an area of specialty and/or engineering degree. The Senior Network Engineer works as a member of the Engineering team in support of contracted tasks focusing on the integration of cybersecurity requirements into the full system lifecycle of the client products. The candidate will gain experience in developing Risk Management Framework (RMF) artifacts and shall understand system categorization and deduce NIST, DoD, CNSSI, and NSTSSM regulations into product cybersecurity requirements. The candidate will gain experience with NIST 800-53 and CNSSI 1253 security controls, security hardening of products, deriving and managing security requirements, risk management, technical planning, threat and vulnerability assessments, systems-level design, systems integration, verification, and validation including security testing and evaluation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for the total systems. This candidate will interact directly with multidiscipline professionals in the planning and implementation of assigned projects.
Travel Requirements: Able to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% to support projects.
Clearance: Must be able to acquire a Secret Security clearance.
You will get to provide individual technical contribution and cyber security engineering leadership in the development of advanced systems for the US DoD, including providing system concept definition, cyber security requirements development and analysis, new technology assessments, evaluation of alternative technical solutions, and hands-on cyber security tasks. You will also support engineering project teams in the pursuit of new business, including the definition of advanced design concepts to address customer needs, the preparation of engineering inputs, cost estimates, and schedules for proposals. Your analytical skills and your ability to plan and lead cyber security engineering activities will be challenged daily. You'll be working a lot with others including interfacing with internal and external project teams, company personnel (Engineering, Operations, Program Management, Business Development), and the customer community.
You will perform various duties related to the day-to-day operations of the Cyber Security Engineering team, including:
- Be a part of a program cybersecurity risk mitigation effort using the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Evaluate new and existing systems and architects the software, firmware, and hardware requirements from a IT system engineering perspective
- Participate in development efforts to ensure cybersecurity controls are integrated to meet platform security posture and the Department of Defense (DoD) Authorizing Officials program requirements such as Authority to Connect (ATC), Authority to Operate (ATO), and Authority to Test (Telecommunication).
- Participate in the formal Security Test and Evaluation process required by each government acceptance and approval authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results, and preparation of required reports
- Perform product security reviews with the ability to communicate issues and risks in business terms and make recommendations that balance risk/reward tradeoffs
- Recommend cybersecurity defense and countermeasures for avionics product designs
- Research, evaluate, and assess emerging cyber security threats and technologies
- Evaluate and test new cybersecurity tools and capabilities such as but not limited to vulnerability management, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Network Management Systems (NMS), Incident Responses, Disaster Recovery, and Security Operations.
- You may also conduct research and prepare reports based on findings, to include recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
- Provides general guidance or training to lower-level staff. Assists in cost/scope estimation. May lead small tasks.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity as part of a project team.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are creative, thorough, and practical.
- Install and Maintain Hardware, Storage and Integration for Computer Systems
- Design the hardware, storage needs, integration requirements, etc. to meet the needs of the program. This may also include configuring components, and troubleshooting any issues during and after implementation.
- Responsible for design, development and implementation of IT Infrastructure for engineering programs. Participate in overall IT planning, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems to meet customer needs.
- You will be expected to continually monitor systems and make necessary adjustments and minor repairs to keep these systems operating smoothly. You may also perform scheduled maintenance on systems to avoid any down time due to system issues. Included in the IT System Engineer's responsibilities are diagnosing production problems and providing technical, strategic and procedural support to their organizations.
Bachelor in Network, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related engineering degrees with a cumulative GPA of over 3.2 and with a minimum of 5 years of experience in cyber security.
Master in Network, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related engineering degrees with a cumulative GPA of over 3.2 and with a minimum of 3 years of experience in cyber security.
Ph.D. in Network, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related engineering degrees with a cumulative GPA of over 3.2.
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF), knowledge of system security architectures and engineering approaches to building system security solutions, experience with Department of Defense, Government Certification and Authorizing Officials, or federal customer base.
- Understand security vulnerabilities found via security tools (i.e., Nessus/Tenable, NMAP, Infrastructure devices, and others). Have a strong understanding of system and infrastructure security.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, the ability to understand and follow complex, detailed instructions, and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. Must be able to approach technical problems logically and scientifically. Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, and be able to work for short to moderate periods without direct supervision.
- Proficient in Linux and Windows operating systems, Windows Active Directory, VMWare and VCenter (ESXI), and Windows workstations.
- Should be familiar with Milestone digital video recorders.
- Working knowledge administering Microsoft SQL Servers.
- Any of the IA certifications identified in DoD 8570 Approved Baseline Certifications.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com