|February 9, 2024
Excentium, Inc. is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that provides Cybersecurity, Information Assurance (IA), and other IT services that help reduce the vulnerabilities of our Nation's cyberspace.
We have an opportunity for a Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer to join our Cybersecurity & Compliance Services team.
Excentium's Cybersecurity & Compliance Services team helps our customers comply with federal Cybersecurity requirements and standards, and improve the security of their systems, applications, and Cloud Service Offerings. We improve our customers' Cybersecurity programs.
MINIMUM CLEARANCE LEVEL: None (DoD Secret preferred)
CITIZENSHIP: US Citizenship
The Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer will support multiple projects. Apply technical security controls and Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG's) and Security Requirements Guides (SRG) configurations on both Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) products and systems. The Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer provides consulting level support to our customers guiding them toward secure architecture and system designs. The Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer will develop and maintain security Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Plan of Action and Milestones (POAMs), and develop recommendations for mitigation and/or remediation of security vulnerabilities. The Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer will conduct self-assessments of the existing security architecture and conduct Risk Assessment surveys in support of cybersecurity compliance.
The Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer applies know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems, requiring specialized security features and procedures. Perform analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures. Analyze and define security requirements for computer systems. Analyzes general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems. May direct or perform vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle. Review and ensure compliance with Department of Defense (DoD) and Federal policies and requirements. Gathers and organizes technical information about an organization's existing security products, and ongoing programs in computer security. Participates in all phases of the systems lifecycle including preliminary and final design, systems development, integration, and testing.
The Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer will perform penetration testing of customer environments including cloud-based systems, general support systems, and applications.
- Experience in Cybersecurity within DoD, Federal and/or VA environments; experience with DoD, Federal and/or VA Cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Current working knowledge and experience with the Enterprise Mission Assurance Service (eMASS), Assured Compliance Assessment (ACAS), and Host Based Security System (HBSS).
- Experience with Security Event & Incident Management (SEIM) tools.
- Experience with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) RMF and DoD Instruction (DoDI) 8510, "Risk Management Framework"
- Experience in security hardening in accordance with DISA STIGs/SRGs.
- Must be Capable of independent management of projects.
- Able to work in team environments and independently
- Ability to write procedures and other informative correspondence
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret security regulations
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve network/operating system security issues.
Qualifications/ Required Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunications Engineering, Software Engineering, or 8 years of Relevant experience
- Min/General Experience:
- 5 years of experience working in Cybersecurity Engineering
- Min 2 years' experience planning and performing Penetration Testing
- Cybersecurity Engineering and/or penetration testing related certifications
Excentium offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, and paid time off.
Excentium, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
We take pride in building a workforce with a strong Veterans focus!