|Location||Long Beach, CA|
|Date Posted||April 17, 2021|
Sr. CyberSecurity Engineer
Location: Long Beach, CA
(***Unfortunately NO Corp2Corp or 3rd Parties Please ***)
The Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer is a key contributor to the development and execution of security strategy and architecture. The person in this role manages the tools, systems, and services that comprise the security ecosystem. They work closely with a multi-discipline team of service providers, IT team members, OT/ICS automation, and others to protect critical infrastructure and information assets of the company. This is a hands-on position and therefore it is critical that the person in this role have breadth and depth of experience to address enterprise-scale cybersecurity challenges using contemporary and emerging solutions. The Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer mentors and grows the skillsets of others in the organization.
- Manages security systems and applications such as network security appliances and host-based security systems. Coordinates with managed service providers and vendors as required.
- Develops and maintains documentation for security related systems including network security diagrams.
- Mentors team members and in the use of security tools, processes and the resolution of security issues.
- Coordinates closely with managed security service provider(s) to effectively manage ongoing security operations, maintain situational awareness, respond to security incidents, and improve operational processes.
- Monitors SIEM and other systems, alerts, reports, and logs for unusual events in coordination with external security operations center functions as required.
- Triages, resolves and documents incidents, engaging and working closely with external Incident Response providers as needed.
- Communicates clearly and crisply with management concerning all incidents.
- Locates and remediates security problems and failures.
- Develops and validates baseline security configurations for operating systems, applications, and networking and telecommunications equipment.
- Participates in department-wide change control and IT governance processes, on behalf of the cybersecurity team.
- Works with team and external resources on deploying, tuning and running vulnerability-scanning and penetration-testing tools.
- Researches and assesses new threats and security alerts and recommends remedial actions.
- Monitors security vulnerability information from vendors and third parties. Recommends, schedules and/or applies fixes, security patches and any other measures required.
- Collaborates on IT projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle.
- Maintains awareness of security standard-setting groups, state and federal legislation and regulations. Identifies regulatory changes affecting cybersecurity policy and procedure and recommends appropriate changes.
- Assists with management responses to audit findings, directing remediation, tracking progress and providing status reporting.
- Executes daily cybersecurity operational processes to support the environment, including following established and routine operating procedures and completing tickets and other checklist activities for recurring cybersecurity operations.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation.
- 5+ years of cybersecurity experience.
- 5+ years IT operations experience including troubleshooting networks, servers, virtualization, and storage.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field of study.
- Expert capabilities with Cisco network infrastructure including routers, switches, traditional firewalls, and associated protocols.
- Excellent skills in Linux, Microsoft Windows, VMWare and Hyper-V.
- Hands-on experience with a range of security technologies such as SIEM, NGF, SWG, CASB, NAC/NAP, IDPS, IAM, MFA, MDM, PKI, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, and endpoint protection.
- Experience with common information security management frameworks, such as ISO 27001or NIST CSF.
- Certification from (ISC)2, ISACA, SANS, Cisco preferred.
- Experience with cybersecurity functions in an environment that includes OT/ICS automation and SCADA systems preferred.