|Date Posted||July 19, 2019|
Detailed Job Description:
Sr. Cybersecurity Analyst
Austin, Texas 78703
05 Months (Possible Extension/Permanent)
Mon-Fri, 40 Hours/Week 1st Shift
American Citizen, Green Card, EAD
- At a senior level, maintains and operates a variety of security measures and software that perform cybersecurity functions such as access control, monitoring or vulnerability assessment.
- Provides support to the end-user community and ensures they have up-to-date protection from malicious software and other cyber threats.
- Tests and recommends security measures to remediate and mitigate risk.
- Provides reports and other information related to information security issues as requested by management and other groups.
- Performs evaluation and analysis of security applications and systems and makes recommendations to management. Recommends best practices to ensure system security across the enterprise.
- This position utilizes in-depth knowledge of best practices and experience in own discipline to provide and improve services.
- Takes a new perspective to solve complex problems.
- Works independently and receives minimal guidance.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- May direct the work of other staff members.
- Performs risk assessments and recommends security measures.
- Monitors security systems for possible intrusion.
- Interacts with end users concerning malware, spam, vulnerabilities and any other cybersecurity issues.
- Reviews and creates audit reports on user and system activities.
- Reviews system generated logs for anomalies and takes appropriate actions.
- Actively probes the network for new threats and risks.
- Documents, deploys, reviews and maintains cybersecurity policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Plans and implements cybersecurity technology projects.
- Provides business continuity/disaster recovery and risk analysis expertise.
- Monitors security alerts on internet and other intelligence feeds and determines whether reported threats could impact LCRA information technology or operational technology systems.
- Provides technical consulting to other groups on cybersecurity requirements.
- Implements and ensures technical security systems including SIEM, VAT, network IDS, antivirus, web and email filters and firewalls.
- Implements and ensures technical security compliance solutions for NERC, PCI, FBI CJIS, HIPAA and other regulatory requirements.
- Performs cybersecurity incident response activities.
- Documents and maintains objective evidence to demonstrate NERC CIP regulatory compliance.
- Creates and delivers security training materials and classes for asset owners, software developers and system administrators.
- Provides oversight regarding compliance with security regulations, standards and laws.
- Performs work by traveling independently or with a small team to various locations (substations, power plants, water systems, etc.) as scheduled.
- For incumbents performing as a Cyber Security Coordinator (CSC)