|Location||San Antonio, TX|
|Date Posted||November 6, 2020|
The Program Manager will be overseeing the contract effort for conducting analysis of all network defense events, alerts, and traffic on all network systems, router network and secure internet protocol network. Program support is required for 24/7/365 operations to isolate, contain, and prevent intrusive activities on all networks.
- The Program Manager will have Small Medium Enterprise level knowledge of assigned Joint Regional Security Stack and Java Message Service tool(s) (e.g. CLOUD, SOAR, SCRUM, JRSS, JMS, DCO, Telecommunication & CK, HUNT).
- Knowledge of the foundational level architectural configuration for the detection, response, and prevention of cyber threats and data loss across the Information Network.
- Program requirements include all aspects of DCO analysis to include Network Detection, Operations Contingency Support (COOP Continuity of Operations), Content Development, Incident Response, Forensics, Signature Management, Weapons and Tactics, Curriculum Development, Training and Instruction, Standards and Evaluations, Operational Processes and Tasks, PEX Management, and Host Detection.
- Supervising and coordinating the multi-location workforce.
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies for the continual evolving needs of the mission.
- Engaging to identify key skill gaps (CLOUD, SOAR, SIEM, JRSS, JMS) to fill those positions accordingly.
- Identifying methods to minimize those gaps to below 5% and provide the timely solution to the government.
- Managing the workforce quality and overseeing quality delivery by holding project resources accountable to milestones and deliverables.
- Correcting potential or existing quality problems.
- Providing personnel required to meet mission requirements on a 24/7/365 basis.
- Ensuring change-of-shift meetings occur and address hot topics.
- Maintaining the workforce's training requirements and certifications.
- Onboarding new team members.
- Maintaining currency and in depth understanding of AFI 101703, 10202 ACD & Volume 1, Cyberspace Training.
- Holding daily and weekly meetings, as needed, with technical resources and document progress, risks, and issues.
- Establishing clear expectations for the projects with internal and external stakeholders, technical personnel, project costing, and others.
- Establishing regular communication patterns with the customer to include weekly calls, email summaries, updated project plans, and quarterly project reviews.
- Preparing and distributing executive summaries and project briefs, as needed.
- Translating new and existing client requirements into technical solutions by working closely with other internal resources and stakeholders.
- Ten (10) years of technical experience in support of Cybersecurity to include: Network Detection, COOP, Training, Courseware Development, and Programmatic Support.
- Five (5) years Program Management Experience, to include: Technology Assessments, Systems Design, Systems Analysis, Programmatic Support, and Budget Planning.
- Four (4) years managing Cybersecurity Programs
- Defensive and Offensive Cyber Operations highly preferred