|Location||Virginia Beach, VA|
|Date Posted||June 24, 2020|
The Defense Group of Leidos is seeking a Senior Cyber Security Leader to support efforts for NGEN-R with total revenue of ~$7 billion.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The successful candidate will manage the Cyber team in all aspects of the successful mission of cyber security and will report to the NGEN-R SMIT Operations Director. The Sr. Cyber Security Leader will be responsible for the implementation and management of the NGEN-R Cyber/Security Matrix supporting program customers including but not limited to the Security Operations Center, Software Support, Cyber Authorization and Accreditation, ITSM Services, and IT Transformation and Modernization projects. As manager of the NGEN-R SMIT Cyber/Security Matrix, the successful candidate is responsible for meeting the requirements of program customers, developing the program’s cyber talent, and maintaining an organization which is aligned to evolving technical requirements resulting from rapid IT modernization and transformation and the government cyber security requirements. The successful candidate will develop innovative and effective training and sourcing/staffing approaches. The candidate will also work closely with Human Resources and Talent Acquisition to ensure program staffing needs and team member support is provided.
Responsible for the performance of Computer Network Defense (CND) in the Security Operations Center, the successful completion of cyber inspections and the maintenance of physical and network security posture. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for interfacing with government officials in the development and implementation of cyber policy. Duties include supervising the timely investigation of computer and information security incidents to determine extent of compromise to information and automated information systems, providing computer forensic and intrusion support to high technology investigations in the form of computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments, researching and maintaining proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding and network security and encryption. In addition, duties may include designing, developing or recommending integrated system solutions ensuring proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected, participating with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs, and configuring and validating secure systems, testing security products/systems to detect computer and information security weakness.
- Supervising computer network defense (CND) incident triage, to include determining, urgency, and potential impact. Identify the specific vulnerability and make recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
- Supervising initial, forensically sound collection of images and inspect to discern possible mitigation/remediation on enterprise systems. Perform real-time computer network defense (CND) incident handling (e.g., forensic collections, intrusion correlation/tracking, threat analysis, and direct system remediation) tasks to support deployable Incident Response Teams (IRTs).
- Preparing teams to effectively receive and analyze network alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts. Track and document computer network defense (CND) incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
- Employ approved defense-in-depth principles and practices (e.g., defense-in-multiple places, layered defenses, and security robustness). Collect intrusion artifacts (e.g., source code, malware, and trojans) and use discovered data to enable mitigation of potential computer network defense (CND) incidents within the enterprise.
- Oversee physical and network security implementation and maintenance in NMCI
- Supervise the preparation and the completion of cyber inspections
- Ensure knowledge of government cyber policy is current within the cyber team
- Participate in cyber response teams and brief senior government officials in all aspects of remediation and root cause analysis
- BA/BS in Cybersecurity, Information Security, IT, EE, Network Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- DoD TS/SCI Secret Clearance
- Ability to lead a matrix organization and communicate effectively with peers, subordinates and program leadership
- Strong analytical skills
- Innovative and entrepreneurial in the approach to cyber security
- Experience with complex cyber analysis concepts and methods.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work on-call
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.