Sr. Cyber Security Analyst
|Published||September 17, 2022|
As the Cyber Security Sr. Analyst-SecOps, you’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining the technical IT cyber security capabilities necessary for safeguarding the firm's critical information systems and business applications. Full Time – Direct Hire
How You’ll Contribute:
- Develop and manage security operations and data security, based on NIST Cyber Security Framework, NIST 800-53, and CIS controls.
- Work closely with the IT infrastructure and compliance team to ensure key cybersecurity risks and issues are identified, addressed, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Participate in application security, vulnerability management, system administration, configuration, monitoring, detection, and patch management activities.
- Provide technical support and administration network and cloud-based security tools
- Lead the administration, detection, monitoring, and reporting function within Cyber Security Operations
- Lead incident response activities, change management, operations support, metrics, and reporting.
- Lead response activities by executing response plans and coordinating activity as needed
- Develop, implement, and administrate Privileged Access Management (PAM) strategies and technologies for exerting control over the elevated (“privileged”) access and permissions for users, accounts, processes, and systems across an IT environment.
- Develop, integrate, improve cyber security incident response “playbooks” and documentation for the team
Who You Are:
- 2-5 years of Cybersecurity experience
- Experience in networking and network security
- Experience working within a structured security framework, such as NIST CSF, NIST 800-53, CIS, or ISO 27001
- Knowledge of network security, conducting vulnerability assessments, and implementation including testing security controls
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable working at all levels within an organization and in a wide variety of situations
- An ability to translate security requirements and standards into easily understood business concepts and vice versa
- Relevant experience in incident response, detection, containment, and monitoring
- Relevant industry certification (e.g., CISSP, Security+)
- Work independently and have excellent communication skills
- Ability to design & implement security and data protection best practices
- Proficient in network security, threat intelligence, and network security controls
- Recent experience of working in a similar capacity, preferably in a financial services organization
- Cyber security leadership
- Experience with ServiceNow ticketing system
- Experience with SIEM, EDR/XDR/MDR platforms