|Location||San Diego, CA|
|Date Posted||April 10, 2021|
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Senior Software Engineer is within our IDDM R&D Platforms business unit located in San Diego, California.
This role will participate in the support of our on-market products as well as the development of our next generation of portable diagnostics platforms. Within the Platform Software and Systems team, this role will focus on cybersecurity and connectivity for our products. In this position the candidate will be responsible for driving cybersecurity and connectivity excellence for our on-market products. The right candidate for this position will be an experienced engineer who has demonstrated success designing, documenting and implementing highly secure software products across a system of interconnected solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Define cybersecurity strategies and roadmaps and implement cybersecurity enhancements.
- Recommend and implement security improvements as a part of software projects.
- Perform or oversee vulnerability scans, penetration tests, fuzz testing, etc on products.
- Assess vulnerabilities to determine risk level and recommend product improvements to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Stay up to date on cybersecurity technologies, threat assessment tools, and hardening techniques.
- Support protocol interface development by providing cybersecurity perspective on interface specifications.
- Investigate connectivity issues from the field and translate them into product enhancements.
- Gather and document software requirements and specifications.
- Support software process definition and improvement initiatives. Support release process.
- Demonstrate commitment to the development, implementation and effectiveness of Abbott Quality Management System per ISO, FDA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Understands and is aware of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job; has awareness of device defects that may occur in their area of responsibility, including product design, verification and validation, manufacturing and testing activities.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices; build productive internal/external working relationships.
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING:
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, EE or equivalent.
- 5 plus years of overall experience
- Experience as a software engineer with experience in cybersecurity and communication networks.
- Experience with cybersecurity technologies, implementation of cybersecurity product enhancements, and device hardening.
- Experience with secure coding best practices and methodologies, vulnerability scans, threat modeling, and cyber-risk assessments.
- Experience with vulnerability scans, Fuzz testing, and penetration testing.
- Experience with implementation and integration of network features, network interfaces, and interface protocols
- Experience with POCT1-A and HL7 network communication protocols, and integration of systems using these protocols.
- Experience in delivering highly embedded and portable systems in a regulated industry (e.g. Medical Devices, Automotive, Aerospace, Pharma).
- Experience with PKI, SSL, TLS, HTTPS, SSH and secure memory management.
- Able to take complex designs from concept to implementation with minimal supervision.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: http://www.abbottbenefits.com/pages/candidate.aspx
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.