|Location||Buena Park, CA|
|Date Posted||October 4, 2019|
This role is for a seasoned, Sr. Security Analyst who will focus on both enterprise strategy and policy for our non-profit client located near Buena Park.
This will the sole Security Analyst in the organization and will wear several different hats and be "hands-on' beyond just policies. The Sr. Security Analyst will report to the CTO and will be teaming up with the Sr. Director and various departments to break down big strategy and policy into workable elements as well as teaming up with a virtual Security team to tackle Security Audit, ground level implementation of Security Incident Event Management systems. In addition, educate internal employees on Security best practices and concerns (phishing, etc).
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Serve as a core member of the Security Group performing varying security duties including threat awareness, proactive network traffic analysis, incident response, forensic analysis, and resolution of security incidents.
- Collaborate with the Security Working Group, segment leaders, and other security experts around the state to develop plans, if appropriate, for a Security Operations Center.
- Integrate knowledge of network protocols, services, threats, vulnerabilities, mitigation strategies, hardware capabilities, and other information to build a security environment that reduces and mitigates risk while allowing the company's open science mission to succeed.
- Evaluate a wide range of data, including Bro logs, NetFlow data, centralized syslog, authentication logs, and others to detect security incidents. Take timely action as appropriate: block problem traffic, send alerts and/or investigate when suspicious activity is detected.
- Develop new methods to detect and mitigate security attacks.
- Communicate with internal and external security personnel and system administrators about incidents.
- Respond appropriately to internal and/or external complaints (e.g., scanning, hacking, spamming, etc.).
- Promote a strong security culture throughout the company's internal network, consulting with management and staff.
- Ability to be 'on call' outside of regular business hours on a regular and recurring basis.
- Experience developing software and proficiency in coding, using a security-centric approach.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.