|Date Posted||April 17, 2021|
This position manages three departments: Cybersecurity Architecture & Standards; Data Architecture and Analytics; Business Transformation, Technology and Processes departments for Operational Smart Grids.
- Provides leadership across departments to the Managers and professional staff
- Accountable for the performance and results for departments with products, services, purposes and objectives interrelated.
- Develops departmental strategic and business/operational plans, including organizational priorities.
- Interprets Iberdrola and Avangrid objectives, plans and strategies to guide activities, decision-making and priorities for Avangrid Networks
- Requires a high level of authority to define goals and outcomes for departments under it
- Provide tight integration and coordinated for the departments
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES (Scope of work – range of responsibilities):
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and manage program budgeting and costs
- Develop architecture & strategies for networking, applications, data and analytics
- Lead Business Transformation, Technology and Processes
- Manage a portfolio of project and program management services (project analysis, project evaluation, project delivery)
- Manage resource capacity constraints, risk exposure and interdependencies.
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Management of Technology with a minimum of 8+ years’ experience in Cybersecurity; or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Management of Technology with a minimum of 10+ years’ experience in Cybersecurity
- Experience of 5+ years in a supervisory/managerial/leadership position for technical systems or complex system development and management.
- Strongly Preferred: Secret or Top Secret / SCI security clearance.
- Strong communication and administration skills related to cybersecurity technology
- Strong system engineering and integration background for complex systems and networking
- Strong understanding of current and future state of cyberspace
Desired Skills/ Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal government cybersecurity activities and practices
- Experience in federal or state regulatory environments
- Experience in federal cybersecurity agencies and environments
- Experience in a utility environments
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]