|Published||September 10, 2023|
There's never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We're on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose - Connecting People, Uniting the World - is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we're growing - in the years ahead, we'll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From employee-run "Business Resource Group" communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
We believe that inclusion propels innovation and is the foundation of all that we do. United's Digital Technology team spans the globe and is made up of diverse individuals all working together with cutting-edge technology to build the best airline in the history of aviation. Our team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics, and digital solutions.
- Cybersecurity Process Development: Assist with the development, implementation, and improvement of comprehensive cybersecurity processes, policies, and procedures to enhance the organization's security posture, and align with evolving cyber threats.
- Support industry working groups and partners (e.g. FAA, AIA, A4A, EASA, A-ISAC, etc.) to define new aviation cybersecurity standards and recommendations. Monitor changes in cybersecurity regulations and industry standard methodologies, providing guidance to the organization to adapt to new requirements proactively.
- Assess Secure Systems Development Framework compliance across United's operations and assist with remediation activities.
- Security Metrics and Reporting: Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure the effectiveness of cybersecurity processes and provide regular reports to management and regulatory bodies
- Vendor and Technology Evaluation: Evaluate and recommend cybersecurity tools, technologies, and services to enhance the organization's security capabilities.
- Technical Project Management: Plan, implement, and supervise cybersecurity projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, within scope, and meet the desired objectives. Collaborate with partners to define project requirements and manage resources effectively.
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the "desired" qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What's needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in cybersecurity, with a focus on process development, industry regulatory support, and technical project management.
- Technical Project Management: Ability to lead and manage complex cybersecurity projects, including planning, execution, resource management, and successful delivery
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in cybersecurity tools, technologies, and standard methodologies. Familiarity with cloud security, network security, and secure software development processes.
- Process Management: Experience in developing and implementing cybersecurity processes, procedures, and governance structures.
- Knowledge of application security principles
- Experience supporting industry & regulatory engagements
- Experience with Aviation risk assessment, and analysis methodologies
- Regulatory Expertise: In-depth knowledge of aviation industry-specific regulations and Compliance requirements, along with experience in implementing cybersecurity measures to meet these standards.
- Analytical Approach: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to assess complex security challenges and devise effective solutions.
- Communication Skills: Superb communication and presentation skills to convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical partners
- Leadership Abilities: Ability to lead cybersecurity initiatives, and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams
What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Comp TIA Security +
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Master's degree
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to request accommodation.