|Published||September 17, 2023|
Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Director, Cybersecurity Product Management
Capital One is seeking a technical Senior Director, Cybersecurity Product Manager to deliver game-changing cybersecurity solutions based on threat, data, and design thinking. At Capital One, we believe in the values of Excellence and Doing the Right Thing. We are a technology-oriented company delivering financial products to market through modern technology and constant innovation at a massive scale.That innovation includes leveraging technology to deliver the best cybersecurity solutions for our internal and external customers.
As a candidate for this role, you are able to seamlessly switch from executive-level risk conversations to diving deep into cybersecurity technology to help us deliver the right product direction for our cybersecurity capabilities. You are naturally curious and stay on top of emerging trends and threats. You are not afraid to question any existing processes and solutions, yet you display a keen sense of business value proposition and focus on the right priorities. You are a systems thinker, thrive in working across teams, and an expert in dealing with ambiguity. You thrive in working in a fast paced, technologically forward leaning environment and are not afraid to push the boundaries of security capabilities. You are an inspirational people leader who loves creating a strong vision for success, and spends the time to help your teams succeed in their work and in their careers.
What you'll do...
- Develop and communicate a technology first, risk-based and data-driven strategy and roadmap for enterprise security services, solutions, and capabilities for multiple of our cybersecurity focuses
- Partner closely with engineering and operations partners, customers, and other stakeholders
- Analyze and select alternatives based on threat, risk, desirability, feasibility, and viability
- Keep abreast of advances in industry to address the threat landscape
- Facilitate build vs. buy decisions to identify optimal strategies for addressing business and technology risks
- Maintain technical and risk credibility with your own team and with partners across the enterprise
- Maintain close ties to various stakeholders, developers, and engineers across the company, ensuring the services we create meet their needs as products evolve
- Iterate quickly and see the products through to production and scale
- Establish product value propositions, metrics, and key indicators
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead those around you to be their best
- You have strong technical cybersecurity and analytical skills
- You have the ability to foster collaborative, open, working relationships with technology groups and other stakeholders, including vendor relationships
- You have demonstrated clear communication skills and ability to interact effectively at all levels of an organization, and to influence senior management and executives (Including translating technical information based on specific audiences)
- You have experience managing multiple high-visibility and high-impact enterprise cybersecurity projects with cross-functional teams while maintaining superior results including planning, development and management of technical requirements, design, testing and deployment of security solutions
- You have operated successfully in a product-led technology environment
- You have a passion for cybersecurity
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7 years of people management experience
- At least 9 years of experience in cybersecurity
- At least 5 years of experience translating cybersecurity strategy and analysis into product and service requirements
- Master's Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in public cloud security and multi-cloud environments
- 2+ years of experience in scaled agile product management
- 2 + years of experience in regulated financial services organizations
- Professional certifications (e.g., CISSP, GIAC (various), CISM, CCSP, CISA, CRISC, SAFe Product Management, AWS Security, AWS Advanced Networking Specialty, AWS Solutions Architect)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $315,100 - $359,700 for Sr. Dir, Cyber Technical
San Francisco, California (Hybrid On-Site): $333,900 - $381,000 for Sr. Dir, Cyber Technical
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at theCapital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).