|Published||June 1, 2023|
|Location||San Antonio, TX|
Senior Cybersecurity Systems Engineer
Location: San Antonio, TX USA
Employment Type: Full Time, Exempt
Summary of Position
The Cybersecurity Systems Engineer to join our launch and Missile Defense - Cyber team supporting our Cyber Engineering Group located in San Antonio, TX. In this role, the Cybersecurity Systems Engineer (SE) architect's system security requirements and the security layout/architecture to facilitate design, collaborating with engineers across disciplines throughout development. Additionally, the Cyber SE determines required security tools and functionality necessary to support requirements. The Cyber SE team is responsible for the security governance, risk management, and compliance of a system while it is being engineered for our customers.
- Work within the Cybersecurity Engineering Group to provide technical decisions and guidance to enable timely, high quality product deliveries and flight test events that meet mission requirements.
- Partner and collaborate with other program systems engineers across Integrated Product Teams to accomplish program requirements and meet mission objectives.
- As a member of a team of specialized NGMS cybersecurity engineers, support the development and enhancement of Launch and Missile Defense Systems.
- Participate as part of an extended team of US government, Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, Northrop Grumman Space, and supplier cybersecurity practitioners across multiple program locations.
- Ensure weapon system compliance with all contractually obligated cybersecurity standards and guidance, including but not limited to CNSSI 1253, DoD 8140, DoD 8510, and AFI 17- 101
- Propose and design systems architecture changes with traceability to requirements.
- Provide Cyber implementation guidance and oversight across technical teams.
- Develop and document technical standard engineering processes and procedures as needed.
- Participate in team reviews of technical requirements, design and implementation plans prior to deployment of computer systems, digital communications systems, networking devices, computer architectures, and computer security penetration tools and techniques.
- Participate in cybersecurity assessment activities and review cybersecurity assessment methods, plans, procedures, and reports.
- Provide input to program milestones and metrics, adhering to cybersecurity-relevant plans and schedules.
- Identify problems and research technical solutions to resolve these problems.
- Apply analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of Cyber Security implementation.
- Solve complex problems across disciplines in an Agile, evSecOps environment.
- Bachelor's degree in related field with 9 years of experience. Or Master's degree in related field with 7 years of experience. An additional 4 years of experience is required in lieu of a degree.
- Certifications: Current CISSP or equivalent certification or greater; Ability to obtain required certification, within 6 months or less of hire, DoD 8570 / AFMAN 17-1303 qualification at IASAE 3 level
- Clearance: Active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Security Clearance and ability to obtain Top Secret Security Clearance and SCI and SAP accesses
- IASAE level 3 certified (ISSEP, ISSAP, or CCSP)
- Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance with additional preference for SAP briefing on the Sentinel program
- Software Assurance experience
- Experience with Systems Security Engineering as defined in NIST SP 800-160
- Experience with Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) and related tools such as DOORS and Cameo
- Knowledge of Cyber Security Engineering practices, network technologies, DoD system development life cycles and methodologies, and insight into information technology infrastructure management/monitoring and applications
- Experience authoring and maintaining critical program documents such as Cybersecurity Strategies, System Security Plans, Continuous Monitoring Plans, Security Assessment Plans, etc.
- Experience in a Systems Engineering role with responsibilities in the planning, designing, implementation, testing, and delivery of a system with Cyber/information Assurance requirements.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), negotiation, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Experience collaborating on Agile and DevSecOps process model