|Date Posted||April 6, 2021|
Eaton’s eMobility Division is currently seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Software Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Southfield, MI location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Preparing for the electrified future of mobility takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Eaton’s eMobility segment is collaborating with companies around the globe to innovate the transportation technologies of the future, creating efficient vehicles that travel faster, farther, higher and safer at a lower overall cost to the consumer and the environment.
The Senior Cybersecurity Software Engineer will be directly engaged with the development of secure, robust and resilient solutions across the eMobility product range (Inverters, DC-DC converters, OBCs). The Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer will work within the software engineering group, ensuring all aspects of cybersecurity requirements are implemented and tested according to the latest automotive standards and best practices.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Plans and implements cybersecurity features, taking into consideration specifications, the cybersecurity process bringing in their own experience into what is needed
- Performs cybersecurity risk assessments and threat modelling within a product scope and suggests countermeasures appropriate to the project given the technical constraints or operational limitations
- Can analyze and determine safety, financial operational and privacy issues identified in a risk analysis. Where there are safety impacts, can work with the Functional Safety team to find solutions that do not compromise safety or security.
- Designs and leads the cybersecurity technical solutions as required by the project, working with hardware and software teams as needed for the best solutions.
- Develops and owns the project relevant security assets, working with the Cybersecurity Center of Excellence
- Drives feature development and provides technical support for hardware and software teams, including, but not limited to, Immobilizers/anti-theft devices, Secure/Authenticated/Trusted Boot methods (Bootloader, boot init, hardware init), Key management best practices, Secure on-board communication (SecOC or similar), Secure diagnostics, Understanding hardware trust anchors (HSE, HSM, HTA etc)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of three (3) years of cybersecurity embedded development experience
- Minimum of three (3) years’ working knowledge of C/C++ and software development tools for embedded microcontroller
- Minimum of two (2) years of AUTOSAR security stack configuration
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- HSM firmware experience
- Knowledge of Automotive cybersecurity standards (ISO/SAE 21434, WP.29 SUMS & CSMS, NIST)
- Experience with a variety of CPU architectures and low level driver for microcontroller peripheral interfaces such as SPI, I2C, USB, ADC, I/O… etc
- Working experience with vehicle communication protocols (CAN, LIN, Ethernet… etc)
- Working knowledge of OEM or Tier1 development process
- Working experience with IBM JAZZ a plus
- Developing software according to MISRA/CERT coding standards
- Experience with Multi-core, Pre-emptive Real-Time Operating Systems
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time