|Published||June 3, 2023|
|Location||San Diego, CA|
The Marlin Alliance, Inc. is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Information Support Analyst to support a San Diego-area Department of Defense (DoD) client with their Risk Management Framework (RMF) program. Salary is commensurate with experience. This position supports our Navy customer and requires the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
Established in 2002, The Marlin Alliance is seeking to hire highly skilled individuals to support mission critical projects within the Navy. We are looking for motivated individuals to lead and support digital transformation, data science and analytics, and automation projects for variety of Navy clients. Individuals must be able to function in a fast-paced work environment and able to adapt quickly to rapidly changing requirements and technologies. Using your comprehensive knowledge of various technologies, you will design, develop, and implement solutions to support Navy mission owners in their digital transformation journey.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support and expertise to the Package Submitting Office (PSO) for the assessment of compliance of information systems with DoD and Navy RMF standards (review, verify and validate required DoD RMF documentation and artifacts in accordance with:
- DoDI 8510.01 Risk Management Framework for DOD IT
- OPNAV 5239.1D U. S. Navy Cybersecurity Program
- Navy RMF Process Guide (RPG)
- Analyze and process artifacts to obtain and or maintain the system's Authority
to Operate (ATO).
- Perform Cyber Planning & Response (CPR).
- Validate Assessment and Authorization (A&A) packages in accordance with
appropriate DoD policies and procedures.
- Develop and conduct analysis, testing, and assessment of security controls.
- Support PSO in conducting RMF Checkpoint and Collaboration activities.
- Support PSO in managing RMF High Risk Escalation (HRE), Conditional Authorization Request (CAR), Authorization Condition Follow-up (ACF), Boundary Change Request (BCR), and RMF Bridge Conversion (RBC) activities
- Perform RMF and FISMA data collection, analysis, reporting, and metrics generation
- Perform Enterprise Mission Assurance Support System (eMASS) User Account Administration.
- Prepare test plans, procedures, and data collections for cybersecurity functions, and provide support on System Security Plans (SSP).
- Create, monitor, and resolve Atlassian JIRA issue tickets.
- Prepare and route correspondence for Flag Officer/Senior Executive Service signature.
- Provide RMF PSO customer service support to SPAWAR Enterprise, and Navy Authorizing Official (NAO) and other external customers.
- Develop and report on Cybersecurity/RMF metrics.
- Create a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) and perform POA&M reviewer duties to include analysis and remediation.
- Provide expertise and recommend Cybersecurity requirements in the design, installation, upgrade, etc.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Engineering, or related scientific or technical discipline (or equivalent combination of education/experience)
- 6+ years of direct experience in DoD Cybersecurity, Information Assurance, and Risk Management Framework
- Experience using Navy DIACAP and RMF related tools (eMASS, DITPR-DON, DADMS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of an active DoD SECRET security clearance
- Knowledge and expertise of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Previous experience in vulnerability assessments and security testing of various types of software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of an active DoD Secret security clearance, TS with SCI eligibility preferred
- Project management experience
Work Environment and Mental/Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Typical office environment with no unusual hazards.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Constant sitting while using the computer terminal.
- Constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents.
- Constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching may be required.
- Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Constant use of mental alertness.
- Frequent work under deadlines.
$85,000 - $180,000
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" relationship.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.