|Date Posted||June 2, 2020|
ECS is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer - Infrastructure Team Lead to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
As a leading provider of managed cybersecurity services, ECS provides a highly tailored and customized offering to each customer. Our team is responsible for protecting both our customers and corporate environment at ECS. Our mission is very broad and our team is agile. We will look toward your unique skills to approach and solve problems in your own way. Whether engineering a system to address a technical hurdle, protecting customer data, or consulting on a wide range of security topics. You are empowered to engage and lead across multiple groups.
This role of a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer will support ECS's internal Cybersecurity program and Commercial Managed Cybersecurity Service Practice. In this technical, hands-on role you will be responsible for successful operation of a variety of cybersecurity tools, logging framework, and cybersecurity infrastructure. You will also support written technical deliverables for our customers and building new capabilities. Your infrastructure, data pipeline is delivered to threat analysts for consumption.
- Lead a diverse group of infrastructure engineers in developing solutions for complex challenges.
- Lead role in defining the appropriate infrastructure, technical requirements and strategies necessary to address information security needs for the organization.
- Architect high density cloud, on-premise and hybrid cloud solutions with high availability and resiliency features.
- Analyze existing solutions and implement innovative ideas to enhance overall solution from perspective of resource, data, cost, efficiency in long run to increase ROI for organization as well as customers.
- Bring innovative approaches in managing business continuity and disaster recovery of private cloud platform, shared cloud platform and hybrid solutions.
- Work with HW, Software and Cloud Vendors to bring innovation, efficiency and cost effectiveness in architecture.
- Document the solutions and design for internal consumption as well as customer reference and education.
- Design, document, build, secure, and maintain Elastic Stack Enterprise solutions (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, and Beats, with X-Pack subscription) deployed in the Cloud or on-premise.
- Securing the solution by being familiarity with TLS, certificates, SSO/PIV authentication, and encryption technologies
- Testing data flows, troubleshooting issues, and monitoring the health of the solution and servers to maximize performance and minimize downtime
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Elastic environments and deployments in lab, development, and production environments.
- Deep understanding of and expertise with IP networking fundamentals
- Experience with major router platforms, including Juniper and Cisco devices
- Ability to drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations via automation.
- Interface daily with customers to troubleshoot and solve technical issues and report the status of security related tasks.
- Install, configure, and operate endpoint and network security tools for internal use and customer environments that reside on customer premises and in the cloud.
- Operation of vulnerability management tools such as Tenable Security Center and Tenable.io
- Generate metrics that can be used to report on the status of the program to leadership.
- Evaluate new methodologies to deliver cybersecurity capabilities.
- Develop new capabilities to enhance the analysis of data supporting cyber security
- Understand current cyber exploits, attack methodology, and detection techniques using a wide variety of security products including COTS and open source.
- Support investigations and contribute to large and small-scale cyber breaches.
- Operate with a high level of independence and act as a mentor to more junior Cybersecurity Engineers
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, information science or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in cybersecurity, cloud and or infrastructure.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- Linux and Windows expertise
- Python/scripting expertise
- Data pipeline of log collection from endpoints/other sources to analytic tools
- Experience with open source cybersecurity tools not limited to: osquery, sysmon, bro suricata, snort, syslog, elastic search, logstash, kibana.
- System engineering/administration
- Cloud workload experience (Amazon Web Services, Azure)
- Elastic Certification
- Cloud (AWS, Azure) Certification
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.