|Published||September 7, 2023|
Leonardo DRS is a prime contractor, leading technology innovator and supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and defense contractors worldwide. The company specializes in naval and maritime systems, ground combat mission command and network computing, global satellite communications and network infrastructure, avionics systems, and intelligence and security solutions. Additionally, the company builds power systems and electro-optical/infrared systems for a wide range of commercial customers. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Leonardo DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at
Job ID: 106723
The Leonardo DRS Land Systems business is a recognized leader in the design and integration of complex technologies into new and legacy systems and platforms for global military and commercial customers.
Leonardo DRS is hiring a full time Cybersecurity Engineer to execute the development of required Cybersecurity program documentation employing the Federal Risk Management Framework (RMF) at the Bridgeton, MO, location. The Cybersecurity Engineer will provide support to client programs in various Cybersecurity areas. The selected candidate will work with other engineering disciplines and use their Cybersecurity knowledge to create robust technical solutions across multiple technology areas.Job Responsibilities
- Support the preparation of DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) authorization accreditation packages
- Perform cybersecurity assessments utilizing ACAS or comparable scanner, SCAP assessment tools, and STIG checklist.
- Run vulnerability valuation and fizzing of protocols, hardware, and software.
- Identify threats and vulnerabilities in systems and software, then apply their skills to developing and implementing high-tech solutions to defend against hacking, malware and ransomware, insider threats and all types of cybercrime.
- Apply DOD and industry configuration standards such as CIS Benchmarks, DISA STIGs, and GPO configuration standards.
- Support the development and maintenance of program level Information Assurance A&A process activities and related documentation such as systems concept of operations, system security design, implementation plans, and operational procedures
- Interface with Internal and External Customers on all IA topics
- Review work packages from external cybersecurity consultants and vendors
- Cybersecurity related duties as assigned/required to support specialized activities.
Job Responsibilities Part IIQualifications
- DoD Secret-level security clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Cyber Security, or related field of study
- CISSP, Security+, or other Cybersecurity Industry recognized certification
- 5+ years of experience, with at least one year of experience in the following areas: Cybersecurity policies, procedures, and processes, including RMF and NIST 800-53
- Knowledge of DoD, Army, NIST, DISA IA regulations and documentation; Risk Management Framework and associated processes
- Professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills, and ability to excel in a high-paced multi-tasked environment
- Ability to act independently, prioritize tasks, and manage to schedule
- Effective communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written modes
- Problem-solving skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to address new situations; especially during interactions with clients
- Analytical skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to seamlessly incorporate new knowledge or information during client interactions
- Willing to travel up to 10% as necessary
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Leonardo DRS Land Systems division is a recognized world leader in the integration of complex technologies into legacy systems and platforms for military and commercial customers globally. DRS Land Systems offers a diverse portfolio of military products and technologies focused on battlefield reconnaissance and surveillance, survivability, lethality, heavy transport mobility, fuel and water distribution, radar and electronic systems testing. Headquartered in Bridgeton, MO with a 100- acre heavy equipment manufacturing facility in West Plains, MO.
DRS Land Systems offers a comprehensive benefits plan designed to meet the needs of all our employees:
401K retirement plan
Short-term and long-term disability coverage
Vacation & Health & Emergency leave
Eleven paid holidays
Paid parental leave
Flexible work schedule