|Published||June 3, 2023|
Silotech Group provides Advanced Cyber Solutions, Intelligence Solutions, Enterprise/Cloud IT Services and Products, and Managed IT/Security Services to Federal, State, and Commercial clients. We provide Federal Government and Commercial clients with customized, agile technical solutions focused on data, enterprise platforms, service engagement, and customer workforce development through trust-driven and collaborative relationships. Our vision is to help customers achieve their most challenging goals by unifying innovation, integrity, and exemplary services and products.
This role supports US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) J6 Command by providing expertise and support while advancing cyber defense. Support includes assessment, compliance, and validation of IT systems to support the Cybersecurity program at USSOCOM, its Component Commands, TSOCs, and deployed forces.
This position is contingent upon award.
Tampa, Florida (on-site)
- Active TS/SCI
Essential Role and Responsibilities
The Cybersecurity Engineer will provide cybersecurity engineering in support of Cybersecurity defense-in-depth programs for designated networks and cloud environments. This role shall provide a complete and thorough risk assessment analysis of IT and IS to ensure systems maintain the appropriate level of confidentiality, integrity, and availability based on national, DoD, DIA, USSOCOM, Component Command, TSOC, and deployed forces' security regulations and directives.
- Provide dedicated, on-site support for Cybersecurity engineering
- Conduct network audits, assess results, and provide recommended corrective actions
- Perform risk and vulnerability assessments for engineered networks and systems on the SIE
- Ensure engineering tasks and solutions comply with authorization and assessment, and connection standards for designated networks and systems
- Engineer and analyze solutions for vulnerability and risk assessment to ensure solutions are following security standards and measures.
- Coordinate with subordinate, adjacent, supporting, and senior organizations, and agencies to support the resolution of security issues, accreditation and connection approvals, and engineering requests
- Provide Assessment and Authorization support; engineer solutions to ensure they include sound network security and design; and provide project management support services
- Review, analyze, and document the security requirements of applications, systems, and networks across their life cycles
- Review Security Test and Evaluation plans; develop or refine them as necessary
- Advise on network and system risks, risk mitigation, COAs, and operational recommendations
- Recommend technology upgrades and modifications based on evolving technologies, best practices, and strategic initiatives
- Evaluate, assess, and ensure the compliance of ports and protocols utilized by IT infrastructures, systems, platforms, products, applications, and network security devices (e.g., router ACL's, firewall configuration, ports and protocol nodes, network cabling, etc.).
- Research and recommend system security guidance based upon DoD, DIA, USCYBERCOM, Joint Force Headquarters - Department of Defense Information Networks (JFHQ-DODIN), and other-directed guidance
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required
- Required minimum of eight plus (8+) years of relevant hand-on experience
- Knowledge and experience with DoD cybersecurity processes and policies (e.g., Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 8510.01, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Committee of National Security Systems (CNSS) and other cybersecurity policies
- Experience with the US Combatant Commands (USCENTCOM/USSOCOM) desired
- Working knowledge of the DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides and the Cloud Security Requirements Guide
- Strong background in network infrastructure, active directory, Microsoft and Linux operating systems, mobile devices to include cellular and WiFi, and cloud infrastructure
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Workforce Systems Architecture and Engineering (IASAE) Level II baseline certification required