|Published||June 1, 2023|
Barbaricum is a rapidly growing government contractor providing leading-edge support to federal customers, with a particular focus on Defense and National Security mission sets. We leverage more than 14 years of support to stakeholders across the federal government, with established and growing capabilities across Intelligence, Analytics, Engineering, Mission Support, and Communications disciplines. Founded in 2008, our mission is to transform the way our customers approach constantly changing and complex problem sets by bringing to bear the latest in technology and the highest caliber of talent.
Headquartered in Washington, DC's historic Dupont Circle neighborhood, Barbaricum also has a corporate presence in Tampa, FL and Dayton, OH, with team members across the United States and around the world. As a leader in our space, we partner with firms in the private sector, academic institutions, and industry associations with a goal of continually building our expertise and capabilities for the benefit of our employees and the customers we support. Through all of this, we have built a vibrant corporate culture diverse in expertise and perspectives with a focus on collaboration and innovation. Our teams are at the frontier of the Nation's most complex and rewarding challenges. Join us.
Barbaricum is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer to support a diverse engineering and logistics team supporting a Marine Corps Information Dominance initiative leveraging research, development, design, and sustainment of a Publicly Available Information / Open Source Intelligence (PAI/OSINT) program. This team will enable a wide range of operations to the Marine Corps' Force Protection, Military Intelligence (MI), and Command, Control, Computer, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) missions to provide Marines information advantage and decision superiority over adversaries.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments on multiple operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 10, Solaris, and Red Hat 6 using ACAS automated scans.
- Create RHEL 6 Bash Shell commands to harden software for IA testing.
- Ensure Sys Admins, DBAs, software developers, and infrastructure areas are enforcing DoD and NIST security standards.
- Run benchmark STIGs using SCAP automated tool on multiple operating systems.
- Run manual benchmarks from DISA.
- Generate POA&M with Vulnerator tool after completion of all tests.
- Conduct compliance enforcement such as audit log reviews, user management reviews, and event log review.
- Put all reporting information into MCCAST and similar software (eMASS).
- Assess security controls and implementation (RMF).
- Create Risk Assessment Report (RAR) and Plan of Action & Milestone (POA&M) for tracking vulnerabilities.
- Work with other cybersecurity team members to ensure cybersecurity requirements are met.
- Master's degree in Cybersecurity, Computer, Electrical, or Electronics Engineering, or Mathematics
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Ten (10) years of notable experience preparing, implementing, and ensuring compliance with cybersecurity policy, to include Assessment and Authorization requirements
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews.No phone calls please.