|Location||Juno Beach, FL|
|Date Posted||January 29, 2021|
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today Learn more
Position Specific Description
We're looking for a highly skilled Senior Analyst to join our Risk team within the NextEra cybersecurity program.
NextEra’s cyber risk team analyzes complex risks from our multiple platforms, programs, and domains, which are all processed through our GRC platform. Our mission is to evaluate corporate wide cybersecurity risk, work with multiple subject matter experts to design remediations, and implement corrective actions on the identified risks. In this role, you will work with a team of cyber risk analysts to navigate current and future company objectives around risk. This position has a high level of visibility in the company as you will be managing and working on many high-profile company initiatives. You will collaborate with Product Management, Education & Awareness, Data Science, Risk, and Security Architecture to identify, improve and remediate internal and external risks. You will also build long-term strategic partnerships with key stakeholders across all of NextEra.
Highly desired qualifications include:
- Experience with risk programs to include but not limited to:
- Exceptions Management, Issues Management, Risk Register, Supplier Quality
- Experience with NERC CIP regulations
- Experience working with GRC platforms and data sets
- Experience working with regulatory or governance controls
- Strong communications abilities both written and verbal
- Executive level PPT skills required
- Strong process control experience - Prefer a Six Sigma or Lean belt – Green or Black
- Strong leadership capabilities – Ability to operate independently or lead a team to accomplish a goal with little direction
This job performs ongoing cybersecurity risk reviews for new and existing technologies and services and supports ongoing and new cybersecurity projects. Individuals develop requirements for and implement technical security projects and tools, as well as define the company’s cybersecurity policies and control framework. This position collaborates with the company’s IT department and business units to identify the need for, select, and deploy technical controls to meet specific security requirements. Employees in this role build processes and standards to ensure security requirements continue to be met.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Administers, operates and monitors NextEra Energy (NEE) information security sensors, logging, alerting and other detection mechanisms to identify and respond to threats
- Acts as subject matter expert for one or multiple assigned cybersecurity technology stacks (e.g., identity and access management, network intrusion detection and prevention, host based security tools)
- Collaborates with security architecture to identify, evaluate and recommend new security technologies for suitability within NEE’s environment and security posture
- Communicates ongoing cybersecurity activities, priorities and risk measurements or mitigations at multiple organizational levels
- Provides guidance for security activities and requirements in the system development life cycle (SDLC) and application development efforts. Participates in organizational projects, as required
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience:5+ years
- Certified Information Systems Aud (CISA) certification
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé], providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami