|Published||January 24, 2023|
|Location||North Palm Beach, FL|
Requisition ID: 68179
Florida Power & Light Company is America’s largest electric company, providing clean, affordable, and reliable electricity to more than 12 million people in Florida. We operate one of the cleanest power generation fleets in the U.S. and our reliability is among the best in the nation. Our goal is to achieve Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 by expanding our solar capacity, increasing battery storage and bringing new renewable energy opportunities to Florida, while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in becoming a game-changer in the energy industry? Join our world-class team today!
Position Specific Description
We are seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Analyst to join our team of World-Class Cyber professionals. This specific position resides in the Cybersecurity Technology Solutions (CTS) team, a functional team under the Cybersecurity & Technology Risk (CTR) group within Information Technology. The CTR group is responsible for protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of company information and computing networks. As a part of our team, you will work with some of the most sophisticated Cyber technologies in the industry to keep NextEra Energy’s systems and data safe from an ever-changing threat landscape. As a Senior Cybersecurity Analyst, you will be responsible for providing support and aiding in the enhancing and deployment of new and existing technologies. In addition, you will recommend process and technology related solutions or improvements to protect the company from cyber security vulnerabilities and threats.
This job is responsible for the deployment, configuration, and enhancements of new and existing technologies. As a Senior member of the Cybersecurity Technology Solutions (CTS), responsibilities will include leading major projects and initiatives for the Cybersecurity program as well as function as the subject matter expert for specific technology domains.
Highly Desired Skills
- Experience with endpoint protection technologies such as Anti-Virus, Endpoint Detection and Response, and Insider Threat platforms
- Experience with network protection technologies such as IDS/IPS and network inspection tools
- Experience with core technologies such as Identity Access Management tools, SIEM and SOAR platforms
- Experience with event management and system monitoring tools
- Familiarity with SharePoint and other collaborative tools
- Familiarity with controls and control measures as it relates to Cybersecurity technologies
- Familiarity with compliance and governance (NERC CIP, SOX)
- Experience in applying agile/scrum methodology to develop and deliver large-scale deployments
- Effective interpersonal skills; works well with business stakeholders to understand the short-term and long-term business needs
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Highly organized
This job performs ongoing cybersecurity risk reviews for new and existing technologies and services and supports ongoing and new cybersecurity projects. Individuals develop requirements for and implement technical security projects and tools, as well as define the company’s cybersecurity policies and control framework. This position collaborates with the company’s IT department and business units to identify the need for, select, and deploy technical controls to meet specific security requirements. Employees in this role build processes and standards to ensure security requirements continue to be met.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Administers, operates and monitors NextEra Energy (NEE) information security sensors, logging, alerting and other detection mechanisms to identify and respond to threats
- Acts as subject matter expert for one or multiple assigned cybersecurity technology stacks (e.g., identity and access management, network intrusion detection and prevention, host based security tools)
- Collaborates with security architecture to identify, evaluate and recommend new security technologies for suitability within NEE’s environment and security posture
- Communicates ongoing cybersecurity activities, priorities and risk measurements or mitigations at multiple organizational levels
- Provides guidance for security activities and requirements in the system development life cycle (SDLC) and application development efforts. Participates in organizational projects, as required
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 4+ years
- Certified Information Systems Aud (CISA) certification
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] , providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.