|Date Posted||June 26, 2019|
Vaco is a private-equity backed solutions company that provides consulting, managed services, staffing, and placement services globally. Established in 2002 by "Big 4" consulting veterans, Vaco now has over 40 offices and has worked with over 9,000 clients. We have over 6,000 consultants and been named to Inc. magazine's list of fastest-growing private companies for the past 12 years. Vaco offers boutique services with global reach.
The Vaco Cyber Security team's success relies on the trusted relationships built with our clients. We recognize the challenge organizations encounter improving security, restructuring operations and handling risk while maintaining compliance and keeping costs down. Our information security specialists work closely with organizations to provide the solutions that best match business and security objectives. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to utilize and expand your skills through client experience and industry training while collaborating with security professionals across industries. Our team provides the full spectrum of security services to clients including, Strategy & Advisory, Identity & Access Management, Cyber Security Operations, Managed Services, Governance, Risk, and Compliance.
Looking for an exciting career opportunity in Cyber Security Consulting? Instead of being another faceless resume, let Vaco advocate for you! Right now, we are looking to fill a position for our Cyber Security Consulting Team. With Vaco, you will have an advantage over your competition! Our information security practice maintains strong relationships with clients, connect your experience with the right consulting project-promoting your strengths to the manager while preparing you for that specific interview.
Our team will provide you with great insight about trends in the market - keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, opportunities to work on exciting, impactful projects, and opportunities for industry training and advancement. If you're an experienced, and you want to partner with the best, apply today!
The Cyber Security Analyst utilizes internal processes and tools to detect and respond to various threats.
- Analyze and investigate ticketed events using various logs including firewalls, IDS/IPS, proxies, servers, endpoints and other network devices in an enterprise security information and event monitoring (SIEM).
- Recommend and initiate appropriate response activities using established incident handling and response procedures based on risk categorization.
- Collaborate and interact with peers and stakeholders across the Corporate and Business Unit cyber security and information technology organizations.
- Rotational, after-hours operational support (on-call)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years working in Security Operations or Incident Response required.
- Excellent and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate technical details clearly and concisely with peers and all levels of management
- Capability to think and operate independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Proactive and results driven mindset
- Strong process orientation and ability to develop and follow standard work; attention to detail
- Organizational skills to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced working environment
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and solve technical issues
Candidate must have technical experience in the following areas:
- Splunk or other SIEM.
- Network analysis using tcpdump, Wireshark or other packet capture/inspection tools
- Searching, interpreting and working with data from enterprise logging systems including syslog, netflow and SIEM/SEIM platforms
- Scripting languages such as Python and PowerShell
- Malware sandboxes
- Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems
- Endpoint protection suites such as Symantec, McAfee, Carbon Black or Tanium
- Systems or network architecture
- Collection and management of threat intelligence
- Host based forensics using EnCase, FTK or other digital forensics tools
Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems or related field with a minimum of 5 years experience.
Up to 25% travel.
US Citizen or US Person required as work may involve visibility to ITAR related projects.