|Published||November 23, 2022|
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you'll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it - we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We're all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Senior Associate Cybersecurity Engineer contributes to developing the cybersecurity engineering roadmap, and delivers/designs secure systems, cyber applications, technical projects and regulatory and risk requirements. This includes cybersecurity engineered solutions, framework, program optimization, vulnerability remediation, metrics reporting, performance analysis and mitigation of operational risk in a high velocity culture.
* Develops engineering specifications to ensure risk, compliance, and assurance efforts to conform with security, resilience, and dependability requirements at the software application, system, and network environment level
* Assists cybersecurity architects in the design and development of security solutions consistent with business goals and risk tolerance
* Validates current and future state architectural models to assess impact across assigned Cybersecurity technology systems
* Ensures compliance to audit, regulatory and legal requirements. Designs and implements solutions to align with the Cybersecurity Strategy
* Builds and maintains effective relationships with peers and internal business partners. Manages relationships with security partners and vendors. Maintains in-depth knowledge of security trends, threats and attack techniques
* Drives research innovation and continuous coverage of malicious activity in custom intelligence research tools. Maintains in-depth knowledge of security trends, threats and attack techniques
* Correlates incident data to identify specific vulnerabilities and makes recommendations that enable expeditious remediation
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
* Bachelors - Computer Science or related
* 1+ Years - Information Security, Application Security, Security Engineering or related
* Internal applicants only: technical proficiency rating of advanced beginner on the Dreyfus engineering scale
Bonus Points If You Have:
* Knowledge/Experience on the HPE NonStop
* Knowledge of Security controls
* Proven proficiency to effectively document, communicate, and relate/connect account management, access controls, privileges and restrictions mechanisms for associating people, objects and entities to the assets which they need to perform their responsibilities.
* Knowledge of Pulse applications
* Strong ability to multitask, and be able to work independently and with a team
* Strong conceptual and analytical skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Be detailed oriented in order to produce error free results
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to maintain customer-oriented outlook
External applicants will be required to perform a technical interview.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you're waiting to hear from us, don't forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
#LI-IR1 #Remote #Bi-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.