|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Description: OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
At the direction of the Sr. Manager of IT Security Risk Management, develop technical cybersecurity standards and implementation guides on various cybersecurity topics.
• Drive the development, collaboration, editing, and review of cybersecurity standards and implementation guides.
• Collaborate with internal subject matter experts for review, input, and approval of developed documentation.
• Work independently to research industry standards and frameworks on various cybersecurity topics as input to the document development process.
• Coordinate and schedule interviews and review sessions as needed for subject matter input on various cybersecurity topics.
• Review existing cybersecurity policies and standards to eliminate potential topic duplication and to ensure content is consistent across all documents.
• Comply with local format, style, and content guidelines.
• Report status weekly or as needed to the Risk Management team.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years of technical writing experience.
• General IT background in networks, systems, and applications.
• General knowledge of cloud (Azure, AWS) as well as traditional server and network architecture and related technologies.
• Solid understanding of cybersecurity and technology controls.
• Solid experience developing technical requirements/standards for a cybersecurity organization.
• Experience with applying cybersecurity, compliance, or technical frameworks (NIST, OWASP, CIS, CMMC, PCI DSS, etc.)
• Ability to learn new technical subjects and cybersecurity concepts quickly, and to apply learned knowledge in the document development process.
• Excellent grammar, editing, and writing skills, organizational and time management skills, attention to detail and accuracy, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work independently with minimal oversight and a with focus on delivering quality results.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178