|Date Posted||December 27, 2018|
Remote Bellevue Cybersecurity Engineer
Remote Bellevue Cybersecurity Engineer
Senior Cyber Security Engineer, is responsible for protecting system boundaries and ensuring that IT systems, applications and network devices are hardened against threats. The position can support SOC operations as an advanced escalation point identifying, addressing and/or responding to potential information security incidents. You will utilize your exceptional communication skills to interact with both technical and non-technical colleagues, within the organization. Has experience in (hopefully multiple) cybersecurity deployment projects. When 'expertise' is used, that means either directly administering the technology and/or having deployed the technology being referenced.
Skills within these areas (need experience in as many as possible):
Must have at least 5 years of industry experience in a security engineering function and 8 years of information security experience with a focus on network, application and architecture.
* Specific Cybersecurity related experience including encryption, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, SEIMs and Log Management, syslog analysis, HTTP and TCP/IP analysis, and vulnerability assessment.
* Virtual technologies such as VMware, HyperV, etc
* Knowledge of common security vulnerabilities such as: XSS/CSRF, SQL Injection, Buffer Overflow, and DoS attacks.
* Knowledge of the HTTP protocol, including analyzing the request/response
* Demonstrated experience with commercial and open source testing and auditing tools such as Paros, BURP, nmap, and Metasploit (Kali Linux Tools), Rapid7, Tenable, Varonis, Algosec
* Expertise in anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering
* Expertise in designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
* Disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
* Expertise with mobile code, malicious code, and anti-virus software
McAfee Security for Email Servers Cloud (i.e. AWS, Azure, GCA, etc)
Should also have experience with and knowledge of:
Configuration of endpoint security solutions, including file integrity monitoring and data loss prevention, Automating security testing tools, Email Security Gateway tools and knowledge of one or more email security gateway technologies: Microsoft Exchange Online Protection, Forcepoint email security, Sophos (on-prem and Central)
Education and Certifications (as many as possible):
B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience (10+ years)
CISSP and/or CSSP (with subcategory specialties)
SANS GSEC (Security Essentials Certification), GCIA (Certified Intrusion Analyst), GCED (Certified Enterprise Defender), GCPPA (Certified Perimeter Protection Analyst), other SANS GIAC certifications, AWS, Azure, GCP certifications,
CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker
ISSAP - Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP)
ISSEP - Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)
SANS GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP).
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] Please reference job code
when responding to this ad.
GDH Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran's status or any other category protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.