|Published||April 28, 2022|
|Location||El Segundo, CA|
Product Cybersecurity Specialist – On behalf of our client, Procom Services is currently seeking a Product Cybersecurity Specialist for a direct hire/FTE position in El Segundo, CA.
This position will be responsible for responding to all customer requested security-related documentation for our Client’s Products (including software and hardware) and, in turn, gathering such technical requests and sharing this information with various internal departments (e.g., Engineering) with the intent to provide recommendations to improve our Client’s processes and/or Products. This position will support various Departments such as Sales, Marketing, Engineering Development, Product Security and Data Privacy, and Contracts Administration, to ensure customer requested security-related documentation concerning our Client’s Products are responded to in a consistent, complete, accurate and timely manner. This position will be an integral part of both the Marketing and Contracts Team in responding to technical and security-related inquiries from both internal and external customers.
Key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Assumes a lead role for all technical and cybersecurity questionnaires for Our Client Products including any which may be part of a Request for Proposal (RFPs) Submission on behalf of our Client to ensure that the Submission addresses customer’s technical and data privacy requirements.
- Collaborates with the North American Regional Information Security Officer (NA-RISO), if necessary, to assume lead role in negotiating contracts for the Contracts Administration Department related to security (as it pertains to the technical aspects).
- Effectively builds relationship with various internal departments to communicate contract language, security exhibit, and product security assessment trends and demands based upon his/her exposure to the requirements presented by Our Client customers and provide recommendations to improve current process and/or products.
- Researches and provides updated information on cybersecurity laws, policy changes and risk framework regulations, and establishes new requirements for new Our Client products.
- Develops and maintains a repository of technical and cybersecurity materials to efficiently complete product security assessments for our Client’s Products in a consistent and accurate manner.
- Becomes subject matter expert (SME) on technical aspects of all our Client’s Products as they relate to data privacy and information security.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and spoken business communication skills. They will also have demonstrated success working in a collaborative, service-oriented team environment.
Additional requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Networks or related field
- Certification received for ONE of the following: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a cybersecurity or related role
- Strong experience and technical competency in network architectures
- Strong knowledge and experience with National Institute of Standards and Technology Cyber Security Framework (NIST - CSF), NIST SP-800-53, and International Standards Organization (ISO) 27001.
- Experience in security incident and event monitoring platforms
- Experience in data loss prevention (DLP) solutions
- Knowledge of HIPAA Regulatory Law
- Knowledge of California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with special emphasis on the ability to communicate technical details to the layperson.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and divisions, colleagues, and customers under tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate / handle multiple priorities and complex issues.
- Maintains a high standard of ethics, professionalism and competency.
- Ability to travel up to 20% during the year
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Master of Science in Information Technology or related field
- Certification received for two of the following: Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM), Certified Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience with vulnerability assessment scanning tools (e.g., NESSUS)
- Experience in assessing or building end-to-end cybersecurity solutions (e.g., DAR, DIT encryption suites)
- Experience in threat and vulnerability programs
- Knowledge and experience with the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2, Requirements for Cryptographic Modules
- Ability to negotiate internally with team members on customer strategy
- Ability to analyze and interpret customer requirements
- Ability to persuade and influence stakeholders to build with security in design.
Location and Work Schedule
- El Segundo, CA
- Hybrid: 2 days onsite and 3 days WFH
Start Date and Nature of Position
- April/May 2022
- Direct Hire/FTE