|Date Posted||December 1, 2021|
If you are a Quality Assurance and Control professional passionate about securing critical infrastructure with a desire to help drive strategy and consistency while developing expertise in industrial control product cybersecurity, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you!
Based in either our Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania or Austin, Texas location, the Product Cybersecurity Leader reports to the Systems and Software Director of Product Cybersecurity and will work closely with Product Security Leaders across all of the Systems and Software businesses to to ensure all customer offerings, development practices and support capabilities adhere to cybersecurity best practices. The wide range of businesses and products within the Systems and Software group will require tailoring the approach and priorities for each business.
AS A PRODUCT CYBERSECURITY LEADER, YOU WILL:
- Familiarize yourself with the key products, services and support offerings of each business at a high level, and what cybersecurity risks are most important to each business.
- Support discussions within each team on reviewing past audits and assessments while helping to prioritize the next improvements for that business that will reduce cybersecurity risks for the company while delivering value to the customer.
- Work with each business, as well as other cybersecurity teams within Emerson, to continue performing detailed audits and assessments to objectively measure cybersecurity maturity and progress, as well as identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Support establishing and improving communications plans for disseminating cybersecurity related information to channel partners and end user customers as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Director of Product Cybersecurity to continue the development of a robust Product Cybersecurity Program across all businesses
- Drive to be in a continuous state of learning and expertise development to advance Emerson’s product cybersecurity initiatives across the businesses.
This role has the flexibility of a remote work option up to three days a week.
WHO YOU ARE:
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Systems or a related STEM field
- 6 years of experience with design, implementation or support of cybersecurity solutions.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity standards, initiatives, best practices, secure development requirements, as well as auditing and assessment procedures.
- Ability to travel extensively (25-30%) within the USA, and occasionally travel internationally (pandemic and quarantine rules allowing)
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate high energy and drive in achieving the desired results
- Intellectual curiosity to keep current on new technologies and make learning a priority
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - must be able to effectively communicate at a detailed level
- Ability to multi-task and be able to prioritize and balance many activities to adjust quickly in a dynamic environment
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours to accommodate both local and remote sites
- Proven history of working across a variety of groups in a large organization
- Familiarity or experience with process automation systems, industrial control systems, cybersecurity technologies, SDLC and Agile development
- Experience with cybersecurity standards and practices in either the process industries (e.g. IEC 62443, NERC-CIP) or government agencies, and certifications from qualified organizations such as (ISC)2 are a plus.