|Published||September 16, 2023|
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges-and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day-working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE-and make a difference with us. The N452 Mission Information Engineering Department, part of the Enterprise Intelligence Solutions Division, helps our federal government sponsors respond to shifting priorities, reliably deliver data and technology, and enable insights to secure the mission. Roles and Responsibilities: In this role, you will be a member of the MITRE team working in a multi-agency environment developing, coordinating, and implementing cybersecurity initiatives and policy across the 18 Intelligence Community agencies. You will serve as a cybersecurity strategic advisor to senior government leaders and serve as an interface between cutting-edge technical experts (MITRE and government) pairing mission needs with achievable policy decisions and outcomes. You will provide cyber, analytic, and systems engineering thinking and expertise to refine organization and technology specific policy, plans, and processes, while also developing cyber risk management activities into US Government policy and instruction. * Develop and deliver innovative, insightful, persuasive, and polished strategies for senior government oversight customer and their IC Component partners. * Interface with senior executive government officials, providing technical and strategic advice in alignment with IC and DoD adjectives. * Collaborate with government, MITRE team members to bring them along to your vision. * Perform peer review of cyber security strategy products to ensure MITRE is advancing the state of the practice in our work products, ranging from technical implementation to leadership and strategy efforts. Minimum Qualifications: * Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph clearance
* Typically requires minimum of 10 years experience with a Bachelor's degree; 8 years experience with a Master's degree; 5 years experience with a Ph.D.; or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
* Degree in Information Assurance, Information Systems, Cyber Security, or related field.
* Knowledge and experience working with National, Intelligence Community, and DoD cybersecurity policies and guidance.
* Knowledge of cyber risk management and government policy.
* Experience in process design/improvement and application with technical concepts into comprehensive strategy.
* Demonstrated proficiency and strength in verbal, written, presentation, and communications skills. * Experience with cybersecurity technologies and tools, trends, and emerging capabilities.
* Knowledge of industry current and future cyber security strategies, concepts, and technologies.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences to include government senior executives. Preferred Qualifications: * Master's Degree in one of the above listed disciplines
* 10 plus years of experience with developing, implementing, integrating, maintaining, and or evaluating cybersecurity technologies.
* Experience with Computer Network Defense, to include cybersecurity incident response, analysis, design of DND systems such as intrusion detection or prevention systems, signature development, and or familiarity and use of Security Event Management technologies and functions. * Demonstrated experience leading working groups and collaborate with cyber security and policy professionals across the intelligence community. * Certification from CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCSP, or NCSF. * Experience with certification and accreditation processes, to include security engineering and security architecture, as well as implementing processes for enterprise architectures in the intelligence community. * Experience working with current Risk Management Framework related policy guidance and related legacy policy guidance. May include NIST RMF, NIST CSF, DoD 8500, CNSSI Instructions, Cybersecurity Executive Orders, NIST SP 800 Series instructions, and NISPOM. This requisition requires the candidate to have a minimum of the following clearance(s): Top Secret/SCI/Polygraph This requisition requires the hired candidate to have or obtain, within one year from the date of hire, the following clearance(s): Top Secret/SCI/Polygraph Work Location Type:
Onsite MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age; ancestry; color; family medical or genetic information; gender identity and expression; marital, military, or veteran status; national and ethnic origin; physical or mental disability; political affiliation; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; and any other protected characteristics. For further information please visit the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency . MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE's employment process, please email . Copyright 1997-2023, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only. Benefits information may be found here