Principal, Cybersecurity Consultant
|Published||September 3, 2022|
Principal Cybersecurity Consultant
The Fidelity Digital Assets (FDA) Information Security Office is seeking a Principal Cybersecurity Consultant to help ensure consistent, appropriate security coverage for all enterprise critical assets, current and future. The Cybersecurity Consultant helps protect the firm and our clients through leading, execution, and completion of cybersecurity initiatives and control adoption. The Information Security team facilitates the relationship between Enterprise Cybersecurity and FDA. The specific role works across multiple organizations to support key cybersecurity and business initiatives.
As part of Enterprise Cybersecurity, the Principal Cybersecurity Consultant serves as core member of the Information Security Office (ISO). The ISO office implements, manages, maintains, and governs cyber security policy and programs for the assigned business unit. The role can be based in Merrimack - NH, Westlake - TX, or Durham NC.
The Expertise You Have
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience;
- Knowledge of technologies and protocols in cryptocurrency and blockchain such as Proof-of-work, Proof-of-stake, key management, multi-sig, etc.
- Understanding of cryptocurrency security standards and best practices to advise on major threats, recommend mitigation controls, and provide guidance to the business
- 5+ years information security, risk, or related technology subject area, or 3+ years of technology, risk or cybersecurity experience combined with an undergraduate or graduate degree with a cybersecurity focus;
- Security certifications preferred (CISSP/CISA/CISN/GIAC/CCSP).
The Skills You Bring
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience relevant within information security such as: information security governance, cloud security, operating system and database security, security logging and monitoring systems, vulnerability assessment tools, encryption, single-sign-on, logical access administration fundamentals, multi-factor authentication, and/or software development.
- Curiosity and desire to understand and consult on the cybersecurity risks of digital assets
- Mature communication, collaboration and presentation skills, including engaging audiences at various levels, as well as an ability to deliver concise presentations to senior management.
- Technical domain knowledge, including an understanding of various cryptocurrency protocols, secure application development methodologies, operating system and database controls, network and cyber security principles, and system-related internal controls.
- Knowledge of security controls and methodology (e.g. NIST, ISO27001) as well as corporate policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates expertise in technology, applications and/or interfaces crafted to support the business.
- Strong collaboration skills, strong analytical skills, and the ability to identify and recommend solutions for cybersecurity issues. The person works with a startup mentality and has a shown ability to be a self-starter.
The Value You Deliver
- Serve as a primary resource and drive BU control enablement and operational adoption of cybersecurity products and policies.
- Monitor operational areas of responsibility and disposition appropriate actions to ensure SLA achievement.
- Represent the ISO Office as a lead in appropriate forums, working teams, project meetings, etc.
- Influences business and systems leaders to implement risk management products that meet security requirements to safeguard Fidelity's assets and reputation.
- Builds strong relationships within and across teams.
- Recommends, influences, and advises on organization-wide policies regarding security controls and processes.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
Many of our associates are continuing to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling \u0022Dynamic Working.\u0022
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations [Click Here to Email Your Resumé], or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.