|Published||June 4, 2023|
Company Overview: Merlin International provides next-generation cybersecurity solutions that protect government and commercial organizations. We offer a broad portfolio of solutions that secure the enterprise from endpoints to networks, from governance to risk management, from infrastructure to information. Our people seek innovative ways to deliver cybersecurity solutions that organizations need to protect their critical business assets while furthering their respective mission.
Job Summary: Located in our brand-new office space in Tysons Corner, VA, our Pre-Sales Cybersecurity Solutions Engineers (CSE) provide pre and post-sales technical leadership on business opportunities identified by our Account Executives. Our Cybersecurity Solutions Engineers work in close collaboration with Account Executives and other business leaders to develop and implement solutions aligned with customers’ technical requirements. The ideal candidate will have a good mix of pre-sales experience, hands-on technical experience deploying enterprise cybersecurity solutions, and deep understanding of the cybersecurity ecosystem. The candidate is expected to serve as the technical lead on new opportunities, POCs and existing projects.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead technical pre-sales activities: The CSE is responsible for driving our business opportunities forward through the technical validation phase. The CSE must demonstrate critical thinking and objectively evaluate solutions. The CSE must have the ability to work within a team to ensure that the technical solutions are aligned with the desired outcomes.
- Lead Proof of Concepts (POCs): The CSE must have the ability to lead POCs from project initiation to closure. The CSE should demonstrate the ability to quickly grasp new technologies and deploy the solution in the Merlin Lab.
- Develop solutions that meet business and technical requirements: The CSE must demonstrate the ability to develop solutions that meet our customers’ business and technical requirements. The CSE will document requirements using tools such as Excel, Visio, Lucidchart, Confluence, etc. Technical creativity, attention to detail and strong knowledge of solution frameworks and tools are essential.
- Present solutions to customers/partners: The CSE must have good presentation and whiteboarding skill. The CSE must have working knowledge of enterprise architectures and the ability to translate business requirements into effective solution designs.
- Maintain and enhance the Merlin Lab environment: The CSE is responsible for maintaining a virtual infrastructure used for demos, testing, integrations and proof of concepts. Some of the technologies used in the Merlin Lab include: VMware, Microsoft Windows, RedHat, ForeScout, Palo Alto Networks, FireEye, McAfee and Splunk
Qualifications and Skills:
- 10+ years of experience in a technical pre-sales role: The CSE serves as the subject matter expert for Merlin and our customers. The CSE must demonstrate the ability in a pre-sales capacity to identify business issues and propose solutions/approaches that effectively address these business issues.
- A strong understanding of enterprise cybersecurity: CSE must possess the knowledge of the various cybersecurity domains, the dependencies and implications of technical design decisions with respect to enterprise deployment of cybersecurity tools.
- Practical experience with enterprise cybersecurity: Hands-on experience working in an enterprise with widely-deployed cybersecurity tools as well as open source technologies. The CSE must demonstrate technical proficiency and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Experience with technologies aligned with Merlin’s cybersecurity portfolio: As a pre-sales engineer, the CSE is responsible for delivering technical presentations, demos and POCs for our growing portfolio of cybersecurity solutions. These products address the identity& access management, cloud, data, endpoint and network security needs of our clients.
- Certifications in related technologies: Possess technical certifications as it relates to CSEs areas of expertise. The CSE should demonstrate continuous learning and the ability to attain technical certifications in support of our strategic partner alliances.
- CISSP/CCSP desired: The CSE must possess foundational knowledge of IT concepts, ideally aligned with the CISSP and CCSP Domains
Benefits and Perks:
Merlin employees work hard and play hard. Our new office features multiple places to work unconstrained by typical office cubes. Our wellness package provides access to an on-site gym and includes medical, dental and vision insurances along with options for FSA and EAP. We offer 401(k) with employer match, PTO, and a work culture respectful of the fact that not everything in one's personal life is guaranteed to happen "after hours."
Merlin International, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Powered by JazzHR