|Date Posted||April 13, 2021|
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Power Systems Automation - Operations Manager - Cybersecurity to join our team. Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Proposal Application Engineer – Modular Solutions to join our team. This position will be based out of any of our Eaton District Operations Services Locations in the United States.
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient, reliable, and up-to-date.
The Power Systems Automation (PSA) group is a full-service systems integrator with the capabilities to securely integrate the necessary equipment and technologies, to provide a complete, power automation solution. This team of engineers and technicians brings extensive skills and experiences with a variety of leading HMI software packages enabling us to design graphically rich, easy-to-use operator interfaces that take advantage of the latest standalone or web-based technologies. Our experience transcends a multitude of equipment manufacturers, software packages, and network architectures, including all major OEMs HMI, PLCs, OT monitoring solutions and components.
The Cybersecurity Services Operations Manager will lead this new Eaton business from a commercial and operations perspective. The position is responsible for managing the day to day tactical direction of the new Cybersecurity Services product line.
Commercial responsibilities of this position include managing Cybersecurity Services negotiation, quotation, sales and customer activities to meet or exceed assigned sales/order volume and price realization objectives in line with product line profitability objectives. This role will provide ongoing commercial guidance and product / technical support, as well as other customer requested support functions as required to achieve profitable sales growth in line with PSA product line and EESS objectives. Leveraging the broader Eaton and EESS sales force to identify Cybersecurity Services opportunities will be a key responsibility
The operational responsibilities of this position include overseeing day-to-day operations of the Cybersecurity Services team within the PSA organization, including allocating field service labor, engineering and sales support for the operation. Requiring minimal supervision, the manager will assist in managing the business job schedule and backlog, including preparation of job plans, budgets, schedules, personnel requirements and/or other tasks as required. The Operations Manager will develop short term business financial forecasts, develop and implement the annual profit plan (business plan), and develop initial cost estimates to PSA sales team for commercial proposals.
Responsibilities also include regular interface with the Director of Electrical Power Monitoring Systems and Power Systems Automation relative to business operations, strategy and results.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Skills and responsibilities include:
- Assure the safety of employees who work in low, medium, and high voltage work environments by leveraging Eaton safety policies and Eaton’s safety and training organizations. Ensure strict compliance with safety policies, train and implement safety programs, ensure safety equipment resources are available and properly tested, and act as a safety liaison with customers.
- Lead operations for Cybersecurity Services growth programs in the United States, working closely with external customers and internal stakeholders such as Eaton Digital Office, EESS sales, and field operations.
- Develop and continuously improve new operations processes with the Cybersecurity Services business. This will include component fulfillment, system startup and lifecycle management.
- Provide input to profit plan and monthly forecasts with accuracy so that the operation meets these numbers on a monthly (and even daily) basis. Responsible for efficient execution of projects, ability to execute to sales quotes, cost control, leveraging subcontractors, inventory management, and turn of backlog and projects
- Attract, retain and develop an effective and skilled staff through recruiting, assessment of talent (find gaps and follow action plans to fill gaps), training & development, goal setting, communications, performance appraisal, and conformance to applicable company policies. Provide leadership and direction to ensure professional growth for employees and retention within the operation.
- Lead technical mentorship of cybersecurity and act as a backup for engineering personnel. Provide front line support for engineering staff on technical questions, sales and negotiation questions, project management matters, and commercial issues.
- Develop relationships with customers, district operations, general sales force, manufacturing plants, product division management, and functional support staff.
- Develop new & manage existing strategic partnerships to align with the growth goals. Partner with internal/external sales teams to develop new account pipeline.
- Assist the field with all follow-on activities, pipeline generation, and bookings growth
- Manage escalation procedures in accordance with our 24/7 service business. Make sound business decisions on the fly when support functions are unavailable.
- Partner with marketing to crate multi-channel marketing campaigns for the acquisition and retention of cybersecurity customers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree an accredited college or university
- Minimum 7 year of cybersecurity industry experience.
- Must be able to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is offered. Only candidates that reside within 50 miles of the work locations listed will be considered. Active-duty military is exempt from the geographical mile limitation.
- Two years of experience in a customer facing automation or engineering leadership role.
- Industrial IOT monitoring and control platform experience
- Experience in Cybersecurity domain – Threat detection, incident response, assessments, monitoring and recovery principles
- Certification such as CISSP or GSLC
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, engineering technology, computer science, or business management from an accredited college or university
- Successfully complete and maintain compliance with the company’s safety program
- Demonstrated knowledge of processes, solutions and technologies across multiple security domains
- Knowledge of OT Cybersecurity Services technologies and concepts
- Knowledge of power distribution, HMI and power monitoring software programs
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships and resolve complaints
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and understanding of a fiscal entity
- Demonstrated ability to establish and grow strategic partnerships in OT Cybersecurity market
- Ability to communicate effectively and equally well with senior corporate executives, engineers and technicians
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
- Broad understanding of marketing and business planning
- Strong analytical skills
- Practical understanding of accounting principles and P&L
- Broad understanding of market channel relationships and processes
- Basic understanding of product applications and customer needs
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. The annual salary range for this role is $114,000 - $156,750 a year. Eligible for an annual performance-based incentive plan with a target at 18% of base salary. At Eaton, we know that good benefit plans are important to employees and their families. In addition to a competitive base salary, Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits at a Glance.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time