|Published||June 2, 2023|
Postdoctoral Research Associate or Assistant Research Scientist (Cybersecurity)
Texas A&M University - Central Texas
College Of Business
Proposed Minimum Salary
Texas A&M University - Central Texas invites nominations and applications for a postdoctoral research associate / assistant research scientist in Artificial Intelligence (AI) applied to Cybersecurity.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, creative, and team-oriented with a strong background and/or research interests in cybersecurity, data analytics and AI. As the successful candidate, you will join the research and development (R&D) team of the Center for Cybersecurity Innovation of the Texas A&M University- Central Texas led by Dr. Anitha Chennamaneni. The R&D team of the Center for Cybersecurity Innovation carries out research activities in cybersecurity and AI and is currently expanding its research activities to explore several emerging use cases of next-generation AI and deep learning algorithms, privacy preservation techniques and architectures for cyber-threat detection and mitigation.
The candidate will work on a project supported by the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate. In this project, the candidate will build practical AI techniques for cybersecurity anomalies detection. Among many tasks, the candidate will conduct experiments examining the performance of AI techniques in real-world cybersecurity-related settings. The project will also investigate cutting-edge techniques for privacy preservation.
- Contributing to designing, implementing, and evaluating cybersecurity and AI techniques and architectures for cyber-threat detection and mitigation
- Applying empirical methods to evaluate and design cybersecurity and AI techniques.
- Mentoring undergraduate/graduate students working in the area of cybersecurity and AI.
- Publishing research contributions in peer-reviewed journals and conferences
The results and the findings will serve as empirical data and benchmarks for researchers and practitioners in cybersecurity.
We welcome applications from recent PhDs and individuals seeking additional postdoctoral training.
- The candidate should possess a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) in Information Systems, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Software Engineering, Data Analytics, or a closely related area.
- The candidate should have strong programming skills.
- Recent graduates and candidates nearing completion of the doctorate are strongly encouraged to apply.
- 1-3 years experience in Cybersecurity and or AI
- Familiarity with AI frameworks such as Jupyter, PyTorch, etc., and libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras, etc.
- Experience in writing research papers in peer-reviewed conferences/journals.
- Experience in conducting empirical evaluations, user studies, or usability studies is also desirable.
Texas A&M University-Central Texas (A&M-Central Texas) was established in 2009 as an upper level undergraduate and graduate institution within the Texas A&M University System. In 2010, the U.S. Army donated 600+ acres of land for our campus.
A&M-Central Texas is located on the northern edge of the beautiful Texas Hill Country in Killeen, Texas, a city of about 120,000 (not including the 50,000+ on Fort Hood, which is the largest Army installation in the world). Killeen is approximately an hour north of Austin, and is situated within the I-35 corridor, one of the fastest trans-metropolitan regions in North America. This area is known for its low cost of living, friendly people, cultural diversity, and its well-developed infrastructure.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.