|Published||September 5, 2022|
|Location||Fort Meade, MD|
The United States has experienced profound changes that impact the way the NSA conducts its mission. The explosion of internet communications has created a need for the Cybersecurity mission. The NSA Cybersecurity mission is to prevent and eradicate threats to National Security Systems and critical infrastructure, with a focus on the Defense Industrial Base. This diverse team of problem solvers collaborate across industry and government to expose foreign cyber espionage, patch critical vulnerabilities, modernize encryption, and issue unique, timely and actionable cybersecurity guidance.
If you are familiar with NSA's individual internal programs, please apply to this advertisement if you are interested in the following internships:
- Cybersecurity Directorate Summer Intern Program (CSDIP)
- Science of Security (SoS) Summer Program
- Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations (CAE-Cyber Ops) Summer Intern Program
- Cyber Summer Program
- Installations & Logistics (I&L) / Data Center Facilities Management (DCFM) Intern Program
- Summer Intern Program for Science & Technology (SIP/ST)
- Summer Intern Program for Information Assurance (SIP/IA)
- Office of the Inspector General (IG) Summer Intern Program
- Signals Intelligence Collection Program
***PLEASE NOTE: You can find descriptions for each program listed above at the following link: www.intelligencecareers.gov/NSA/nsastudents.html
- Students are paid a competitive salary commensurate with their education level.
- Receive annual leave, sick leave and paid federal holidays.
- Participation in agency-wide extracurricular programs.
- Students who attend school in excess of 75 miles from Ft. Meade, MD are eligible for a round trip airfare ticket to and from school or mileage reimbursement up to the cost of a government-issued airline ticket. Travel reimbursement will not be provided to our location in Hawaii.
- Daily transportation to and from work is NOT provided. Students participating in the program are highly encouraged to bring a vehicle. Carpooling with other students MAY be available, but is NOT guaranteed.
- Subsidized housing accommodations are available upon request if school is located in excess of 75 miles from NSA's main HQs campus. Housing accommodations are NOT provided for any of our field sites.
Are you a cyber professional with the drive and expertise to be on the forefront of the cyber fight; tackling NSA's complex mission to defend against cyber threats of today and tomorrow? NSA, the nation's leading cyber agency, has exciting and challenging positions in Cyber Security Engineering and Cyber and TEMPEST vulnerability analysis/mitigation. Are you ready to help secure our Nation's critical Infrastructure? If so, NSA is the place for you!
To be accepted into the NSA Summer Internship - Cybersecurity, candidates must:
- Be a U.S. citizen;
- Be eligible to be granted a TS/SCI/TK security clearance after successfully completing a background investigation that includes passing a Full-Scope Polygraph and a Psychological Evaluation;
- Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher for all college work completed;
- Be a currently enrolled college student (undergraduate, graduate or doctorate program) at time of application;
- Be available and in the U.S. for operational and technical interviews and other applicable processing, both in-person and via telephone/internet, between the months of November 2022 and March 2023;
- Be pursuing a major in Cybersecurity or closely related field
To apply for this position, please click the `Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the `Submit button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
***PLEASE NOTE: To be considered for our summer internships, your application package is not considered complete until the following items have been emailed to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] in addition to your online application.
- Official transcript (unofficial will be accepted if legible)
- At least two (2) letters of recommendation from faculty members or supervisors who can speak directly to your educational background
- PDF copy of your current resume
- Cover Letter (Optional) listing your interest in NSAs summer internships
***IMPORTANT: This is a skills-based ad, not an ad for a specific internship. This means that you could be contacted and/or considered for more than one specific internship.
***PLEASE NOTE: Applications are accepted 1 September - 31 October, however, selections for this program are made on a rolling basis and applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as practical to allow sufficient time for review and security clearance processing.
CONTACT INFORMATION: If you have any questions about NSA Summer Internships, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call us at 410-854-4726.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. Please visit our Diversity link for more information.
The NSA is committed to cultural diversity in its workplace.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.