|Date Posted||February 16, 2021|
The Leidos Cybersecurity, Architecture, and Engineering (CAE) organization has an immediate opening for an experienced, and motivated Network Security Engineer Sr. This role can be supported remotely or from one of the following locations: Gaithersburg, MD, Reston, VA or Orlando, FL.
As a member of the Cybersecurity Architecture and Engineering Team (CAE), the Network Security Engineer Sr. will serve as the cybersecurity subject matter expert and primary interface to the Enterprise Infrastructure (IE) Organization. You will join a team of other Cybersecurity Engineers, and support the design, development, and deployment of Leidos Global Enterprise Network Security Architecture, Leidos Software Defined Datacenter (SDD), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) architectures. The role requires solid foundations in network security to include: layer 7 firewall capabilities, remote access, and the technical implementation of compliance standards. The candidate’s primary responsibilities include developing cybersecurity requirements for Enterprise Infrastructure integration or enhancements, and leading the team in ensuring those objectives are met. Also, the candidate will be responsible for evaluating the network diagrams and controls for Leidos corporate capabilities during Design Engagement Reviews to ensure Leidos’ high security posture standards are met.
- Act as the technical Network Cybersecurity SME supporting Enterprise Infrastructure globally at Leidos.
- Work closely with other Cybersecurity Architects and Engineers with different areas of expertise (Application, Endpoint, Cloud, Mobile, etc.). This includes providing Network Security insight into their initiatives, and leaning on this vast pool of talent to help solve Application/Endpoint/Cloud/Mobile roadblocks within Network Security Environments.
- Take lead on security Design Engagement Reviews (DERs) for Network centric Enterprise Infrastructure Projects.
- Work with other Network Security Engineers on significant network security enhancements to include: Network Security Stack in the cloud, Web Application Firewalls (WAF), Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB), or Secure Web Gateways (SWGs), and Software Defined Perimeter (SDP) technologies.
- Bachelor's degree and 12-15 years of experience in Information Security with a real passion for the field. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will qualify in lieu of a degree.
- Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance and therefor have US citizenship. Individuals do not need to possess a clearance today.
- Must have a background in Network Security, and basic knowledge of the OSI model, TCP/IP protocols, and access fundamentals.
- Experience designing enterprise class environments to include layer 7 firewall solutions (examples include experience with Check Point, Juniper, Cisco or Palo Alto).
- Ability to write and verbally communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A self-starter who can execute at the architect level using a combination of learned skills, personal networking, and grit to achieve objectives.
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, and demonstrate poise in communicating with non-technical audiences.
All of the below are not requirements, but would bring significant value to the team:
- Experience with a firewall policy management tool such as Tufin, Algosec or Firemon.
- Experience as a Solution Architect designing, reviewing, and securing environments.
- A fundamental understanding of Cloud IaaS/SaaS delivery models with experience in any one of the following: AWS, Microsoft, Google, or Oracle clouds. This will set the foundation for what it takes to design access controls to Enterprise IaaS/SaaS capabilities.
- Experience designing, deploying or maintaining enterprise class IDS/IPS solutions such as SNORT, Suricata, Cisco FirePower or McAfee Intrushield.
- Previous experience with Web Application Firewalls (WAF), Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB), or Secure Web Gateways (SWGs), Software Defined Perimeter (SDP), or Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) technologies. Examples include technologies like zScaler, McAfee MPower (formally SkyHigh), or Palo Alto Prisma to name a few.
- Possess one of the following certifications: Palo Alto Certifications, Juniper Certification, Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE), Check Point Certifications, SANS Certifications (GIAC, etc), RedHat Certifications.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Security Architecture and Engineering
Pay Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.