Mid-Level Cybersecurity Systems Reverse Engineer with Security Clearance
|Published||March 10, 2023|
Overview Own Your Future. Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a Mid-Level Cybersecurity Systems Reverse Engineer to join our team. You will perform various cybersecurity related technical assessments and design tasks on aeronautical and aerospace related systems. Why is MTSI known as a Great Place to Work? * Interesting Work: Our co-workers support some of the most important and critical programs to our national defense and security. * Values: Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. * 100% Employee Ownership: we have a stake in each other's success, and the success of our customers. It's also nice to know what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall meetings three times a year. * Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for: * Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10 holidays/year
* Flexible schedules
* 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
* Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
* Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a separate qualified retirement account
* Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
* Other company funded benefits, like life and disability insurance
* Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
* Track Record of Success: We have grown every year since our founding in 1993
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100% employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation, Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and Mission Assurance. MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at over 20 offices and field sites worldwide. For more information about MTSI, please visit www.mtsi-va.com. Responsibilities As a Mid-Level Cybersecurity Systems Reverse Engineer with MTSI you will perform various cybersecurity related technical assessments and design tasks on cyber-physical and embedded systems. This position is a remote work position that may incur minimal travel. Your essential job functions will include but may not be limited to: * Perform general technical decomposition, analysis, and impact assessments with the focus on the vulnerability assessment of land, air, and sea-based cyber-physical and embedded systems operating in a variety of domains and mission contexts.
* Conduct operational and system data flow analysis and documentation for vulnerability assessments.
* Apply cybersecurity analytical methods and processes.
* Test various interfaces or sub-components of cyber-physical and embedded systems.
* Complete verification, validation analysis and documentation of system interfaces or sub-components of cyber-physical and embedded systems.
* Experiment with different attack techniques against critical points and developing mitigations to prevent future attacks on the specific architecture of a given system.
* Communicate test and analysis results clearly to clients and stakeholders, both in oral presentation format and in formal written reports.
* Apply core engineering skills and knowledge from your academic focus area to client and stakeholder challenges.
* Create analysis tools to support cybersecurity efforts.
* Research and learn various architectures, languages, protocols, software, and hardware as required in support of the above functions.
* Leading small team engagements with clients, to include assisting with requirement development, project execution, and reporting. Qualifications Required Skills: * 5+ years relevant work experience (either software reverse engineering or hardware reverse engineering)
* Experience with C and assembly
* Experience with Python
* Experience with software defined radio desired (Desired)
* Cybersecurity experience to include: (Desired)
o Capture the flag competitions
* Experience working with aeronautical and aerospace systems, maritime systems, and/or terrestrial cyber-physical systems (Desired)
* Experience in software reverse engineering, or hardware reverse engineering (Desired) Educational/Certification Requirements: * Engineering Bachelor's degrees preferred although other types of STEM degrees will be considered. Clearance Requirements: * Eligible to obtain a Secret clearance (Desired)
* U.S. Citizenship is required.