|Published||June 4, 2023|
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Merlin Cyber provides next-generation cybersecurity solutions that protect government and commercial organizations. We offer a broad portfolio of solutions that secure the enterprise from endpoints to networks, from governance to risk management, from infrastructure to information. Our people seek innovative ways to deliver cybersecurity solutions that organizations need to protect their critical business assets while furthering their core mission.
Job Summary: Located in our brand-new office space in Tysons Corner, VA, the Merlin Labs Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer (CSE) maintains the technologies in our Merlin Innovation Lab. The CSE is responsible for supporting our technical team in proof-of-concepts, use-case demonstrations, and solutions development in support of sales and marketing efforts.
The Merlin Labs CSE will work in close collaboration with Merlin's Solution Architects, business leaders and strategic OEM partners to ensure that the technologies are installed and functional in our Lab. The ideal candidate will have a good mix of hands-on experience managing a heterogeneous enterprise IT environment, understanding of cybersecurity, with the ability to think critically and communicate effectively both written and oral.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain and enhance the Merlin Innovations Lab environment: The CSE is responsible for maintaining a virtual infrastructure used for demos, testing, integrations and proof of concepts. Some of the technologies used in the Merlin Lab include: VMware, AWS, Kubernetes Containers, Microsoft Windows, RedHat, Forescout, Palo Alto Networks, Okta, Splunk and other enterprise software
- Lead technical pre-sales engineering activities: The CSE is responsible for driving our business opportunities forward through the technical validation phase. The CSE must demonstrate critical thinking and objectively evaluate solutions.
- Lead and Manage Proof of Concepts (POCs): The CSE must have the ability to lead and manage POCs from project initiation to closure. The CSE should demonstrate the ability to quickly grasp new technologies, do hands-on deployments, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure or GCP: The CSE must demonstrate an understanding of cloud constructs and services specific to the cloud service provider, and the ability to design enterprise solutions utilizing these cloud services.
- Demonstrate basic project and program management skills: The CSE will contribute to project delivery in various capacities. The Ability to lead, attention to detail and proficiency with project documentation are essential traits.
- Create solution artifacts as part of solution development: The CSE must demonstrate the ability to develop solutions that meet our customers' business and technical requirements. The CSE will document requirements using tools such as Excel, Visio, Lucidchart, Confluence, etc. Technical creativity, attention to detail and strong knowledge of solution frameworks and tools are essential.
- Present solutions to customers/partners: The CSE must have good presentation and whiteboarding skill. The CSE must have working knowledge of enterprise architectures and the ability to translate business requirements into effective solution designs/
Qualifications and Skills:
- 7+ years of experience in a technical engineering role such as systems or network administration, engineering or architect. The CSE serves as the single point of contact for Merlin's Innovation Lab and will be responsible to assist technical sales and marketing efforts
- A strong understanding of enterprise cybersecurity: CSE must possess the knowledge of the various cybersecurity domains, the dependencies and implications of technical design decisions with respect to enterprise deployment of cybersecurity tools. These tools/domains include (but not limited to): Infrastructure (Microsoft Active Directory, RedHat Linux, VMware ESXi/vCenter, Hyper-V, Windows Server), Cloud Services (AWS, Microsoft Azure). Databases (SQL, PostgreSQL), Identity & Access Management (CA, CyberArk, Okta, Sailpoint), Network Security (Palo Alto Networks, FireEye, Forescout), Cloud Security (Netskope, Darktrace), etc
- Practical experience with enterprise cybersecurity: The CSE demonstrates hands-on experience working in an enterprise with widely-deployed cybersecurity tools as well as open source technologies. The CSE must demonstrate technical proficiency and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Experience with technologies aligned with Merlin's cybersecurity portfolio: the CSE is responsible for installing and configuring our OEM partners' products in the lab. These will be used to support demos and POCs for our customers. These products address the identity & access management, cloud, data, endpoint and network security needs of our clients.
- The CSE will work closely with Merlin's strategic vendors and continuously update knowledge and skills through certifications and training.
- Possess technical certifications as it relates to CSEs areas of domain expertise. The CSE should demonstrate the desire for continuous learning and the ability to attain technical certifications. These certifications may include CEH, CISSP/CCSP, Security+, CISA, ISACA, AWS, Microsoft
Benefits and Perks:
Merlin employees work hard and play hard. Our new office features multiple places to work unconstrained by typical office cubes. Our wellness package provides access to an on-site gym and includes medical, dental and vision insurances along with options for FSA and EAP. We offer 401(k) with employer match, PTO, and a work culture respectful of the fact that not everything in one's personal life is guaranteed to happen "after hours."
Merlin International, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.