|Date Posted||August 9, 2019|
See if you're a Fit! Client Requirements:
(Metro Boston Homeland Security Region) MBHSR Cyber Security Liaison
Our Client's Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is seeking a Cyber Security Liaison for the Metro Boston Homeland Security Region (MBHSR). This liaison would focus on improving the overall Cyber Security posture for the Region which includes the following municipalities: Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, Chelsea, Everett, Quincy, Revere, Somerville, and Winthrop. This position is funded for 1 year (with the potential for additional funding) through the Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency's Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) grant program. A successful candidate will have at least seven years of IT experience and at least five years of Information Security experience. The position requires a balance of technical knowledge of information security along with strong project and task management skills. The candidate must have the ability to travel around the region.
- Research and develop Information Security policies for each municipality and the region
- Implement and maintain an employee Cyber Security Awareness & Training program throughout the region
- Establish a baseline level of security that all MBHSR municipalities should meet based on industry standards and best practices
- Assess and assist in mitigating system security threats and risks via a program life cycle
- Establish a working relationship with public safety officials and IT staff from municipalities within the region
- Facilitate quarterly cyber security meetings with regional IT personnel and weekly meetings with each municipality
- Provide advice and act as an Information Security subject matter expert for the region
- Manage internal and external communication with region stakeholders
- Coordinate regional cyber security related projects
- Perform related work as required
Interested? Here's what you do next:
If this position has captured your interest and you are excited to learn more, please apply now and the appropriate TCML Recruiter will be sure to reach out to you soon!
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled.