|Date Posted||November 11, 2021|
Job ID: 23352
The Manager of Cybersecurity will be responsible for support of the Kinder Morgan Cybersecurity Department's strategic goals and to provide their recommendations for improvement. They will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of Kinder Morgan’s Cybersecurity department, including the management of security tools, real time security monitoring, response to cybersecurity incidents and oversight of the security incident investigations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The manager is responsible for support of the IT cybersecurity architecture and design, plans, controls, processes, standards, policies, and procedures. They will collaborate with support teams and staff across the corporation as well as with external stakeholders to provide consistent and accurate security analysis, remediation, management and architecture.
- Remain current with the latest malware, attacker tools, attacker techniques, public incidents and new technologies
- Propose additional components, configuration changes and techniques that could be used to proactively detect malicious activity or improve the performance usability and value of threat analysis tools.
- Manage the day to day activities of the cybersecurity team in the support of Kinder Morgan's cybersecurity goals and objectives.
- Drive a commitment to excellence and continual improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or 10 years verifiable technical and management experience in the Cybersecurity field.
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated competence and professional experience in the cybersecurity and cyber terrorism fields to include IT, OT, and ICS
- Information Technology project management - Project budget exceeding $1MM in a supervisory or leadership role
- Managed Departmental budget - Exceeding $1MM USD annually
- Experience in leading investigations into network and other cybersecurity related breaches to include IT, OT, and ICS
- Experience is developing, maintaining, and utilizing incident response plans
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain TS/SCI (Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information) clearance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Clearly articulate technical requirements and other information in written documentation
- Effectively communicate technical and non-technical concepts to a variety of audiences
- Follow existing processes and procedures, and propose updates
- Work with minimal supervision, set priorities, and give attention to detail and quality.
- Possess the ability to use critical thinking to ensure aspects of a specific problem or task are being solved.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills: multi-tasking, working individually and with a team, having a positive attitude, being self-motivated and reliable, being trustworthy, having strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills, and being able to handle stress in a professional manner
- Excellent technical skills
- Strong leadership capabilities
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
Competences, Skills and Abilities:
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Virtualization (Hyper-V and VMware)
- Microsoft Server Environment
- Reverse engineering of malware
- Commercial and open source Intrusion Detection Systems / Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Commercial and open source packet capturing, indexing, and database system.
- DDOS detection and response tools
- Commercial and open source anti-virus and End Point Response
- Security Operations Center management
- Blacklisting and Whitelisting technologies
- Phishing Defense tools
- Security Information and Event Management
- Penetration Testing
- Firewall Architecture
- NIST 800-53
- NIST 800-82
PREFERRED Education, Experience, Certifications, Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
- Master’s degree in computer science or a related field or 15 years verifiable technical and management experience in the Cybersecurity field to include IT, OT, and ICS
- Project Management Professional (PMP Certified)
- Broad understanding of risk management practices and security program development including change management, access control, and physical security
- Broad IP network and security engineering experience including a basic understanding of IP routing, quality of service mechanisms, MPLS, and IPsec architectures
- Exposure to Power BI
Kinder Morgan Offers:
- Competitive Wages
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Comprehensive Medical/Rx and Dental Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Bonus Program
- Paid Bus Pass or Parking
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
Kinder Morgan is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V
**Job level will be determined based on the successful candidate’s experience and qualiﬁcations.**
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.