|Date Posted||November 3, 2020|
This job contributes to Starbucks success by managing the planning, coordination, and continual improvement of enterprise wide cybersecurity detect and response controls.
A successful manager of threat defense at Starbucks is a self-starter, a natural problem solver, collaborative, and able to work well with adversity and ambiguity. You should have strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, a deep technical understanding of modern cybersecurity threats, and a validated track record in hands-on approach to maturing defense capabilities in highly targeted environments at scale. Success for the role will be the delivery of a world class threat defense program that is positioned to address, contain, and drive successful resolution to any cybersecurity situation.
Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Leadership - Setting goals for the team, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together\:
- Introduce technical topics, sponsor opportunities for innovation, and recognize technical excellence.
- Models leadership behaviors that are grounded in Starbucks Mission and Values.
- Drives the engagement, development and performance of all members of their team.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and tactical plans for the team, managing execution, and measuring results\:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver projects and enhancements.
- Plan and manage process and practices to ensure delivery of a world class threat defense program.
Technical Design and Implementation - Providing technical expertise and executing technical responsibilities\:
- Responsible for the clear communication of the current threat and vulnerability landscape.
- Partner with other teams in to continuously improve and advance the organizations operational security capabilities.
Partner Development and Team Building - Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and building an effective team\:
- Build and lead a team that supports each other, makes others feel welcome, and succeeds (or fails) together.
- Challenge and inspire your team to achieve world class results.
- Support partners in their career growth.
Ownership – Taking accountability for the quality and success of the outcome of your team’s work\:
- Defines and maintains processes, procedures, and expectations for the team’s support responsibilities.
- Ensures that the appropriate support documentation exists.
- Leads team through high severity operational incidents.
- 7+ years of experience working in an information technology discipline
- 5+ years of experience in Cybersecurity
- 5+ years of experience of leading and developing highly performing teams
- Deep understanding of cybersecurity attacks and defense techniques
- Experience with integration of threat hunting and cyber threat intelligence into the incident response process
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CIPM, or others focused on cybersecurity, data privacy or information risk management.
- Partners Directly Managed\: 2 – 10
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]